Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I read Thant too.  Appearantly Joe Torre is supportive of the change.  I think it's a pointless change. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Marty Ward

I think they are just looking to shorten games. I could see doing something like that in the 13th inning but not in the 10th.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

mirth

Quote from: Marty Ward on February 13, 2017, 09:27:13 AM
I think they are just looking to shorten games. I could see doing something like that in the 13th inning but not in the 10th.

There are a lot of other ways they could and should shorten games.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Marty Ward

I think they already use the runner on second rule in International play.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

bbmike

Quote from: Marty Ward on February 11, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
I read MLB is going to try out a new extra inning rule in the rookie league. If the games goes into extra innings each team will start their inning with a runner on 2nd.

Please, dear god, no. If they feel like doing something meaningful they should get rid of that stupid designated hitter garbage.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Marty Ward

Quote from: bbmike on February 13, 2017, 05:57:39 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on February 11, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
I read MLB is going to try out a new extra inning rule in the rookie league. If the games goes into extra innings each team will start their inning with a runner on 2nd.

Please, dear god, no. If they feel like doing something meaningful they should get rid of that stupid designated hitter garbage.

I like the DH. Pitchers pitch, not hit. I want to watch pitchers hit like I want to see the right fielder pitch to every 9th hitter.

bbmike

Bah, you play baseball. That means you play baseball, not little pieces of it. Fielders field, why do they hit?
And while they're at it they should get rid of base coaches as well. The player is doing the running and it's his job to make the call.  >:D

Quote from: Marty Ward on February 13, 2017, 10:29:46 PM
...like I want to see the right fielder pitch to every 9th hitter.

Hmm, now that's not a bad idea!  :dreamer:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

Excited about the new season....except the outfield. Cleveland's outfield makes me nervous.

Bison

Well I know I have one game on the docket this summer to watch live.  The father-in-law are going to Kaufman Stadium to watch a Royals and Yankees game.

bayonetbrant

can anyone confirm/deny this one?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

KyzBP

I can't confirm or deny it but it's pretty damn impressive if it's true.

Bison

Maddux was an outstanding and dominate pitcher.  I'd definitely place him in my top 5 all time easily.

bob48

http://www.britishbaseball.org/

I actually used to play baseball when I was a young chap, maybe 18-19 years old.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.