2017 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by bayonetbrant, March 05, 2017, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 05, 2017, 11:46:07 PM
Are you not even playing, either?

Unfortunately I just need to cut a few extracurriculars out this summer and fall.  I'm pretty swamped and life gets crazier this summer.  Mostly I just know that I'd struggle to keep my rosters updated.

Quote from: MetalDog on March 06, 2017, 12:06:31 AM
It'll be a different season without you, Bison.  Thanks for doing such a great job over the years.  And I expect to hand the reins back over next year.  Bring some sanity back after my one year experiment ;)

Thanks.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on March 06, 2017, 07:20:30 AMUnfortunately I just need to cut a few extracurriculars out this summer and fall.  I'm pretty swamped and life gets crazier this summer.  Mostly I just know that I'd struggle to keep my rosters updated.

Plus, you've got Origins! :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 06, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Quote from: Bison on March 06, 2017, 07:20:30 AMUnfortunately I just need to cut a few extracurriculars out this summer and fall.  I'm pretty swamped and life gets crazier this summer.  Mostly I just know that I'd struggle to keep my rosters updated.

Plus, you've got Origins! :)

Ha!  That's on the back burner on a slow simmer.  :(

MetalDog

You certainly have incentive to attend.  There will be enough of us Grogs there to make it worth your while.  I'm sure your wife will understand that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

So, the season opens Sunday, April 2nd.  I would like to have the draft the weekend before.  That way, most roster moves and most injuries will be known and taken into account in your drafting plans.  I am soliciting days and times here for the draft.  Anywhere from Friday night after work on the 24th to Sunday before bed on the 26th.  Whatever seems to work best for the majority will most likely win out.  And for those of you that aren't thrilled about a live draft, I will say two quick things: 1) Auto draft still works in a live draft.  If you set your rankings, like you might already do each season, then, when your turn comes in the live draft, the AI will make your pick according to your rankings.  2) Picking your team allows you to craft the (mostly) exact team you want.  And that's a pretty awesome feeling in my experience.

As for the other changes, the Innings Pitched requirement in order to have your accrued weeks statistics count towards your matchup will be raised from 20 to between 25 and 30.  There will be at least two more Bench spots.  Upon review, two DL spots may be enough.  If I remember correctly, most of you were in favor of a limit on the number of moves you can make during the year.  I am in favor of no limit at all.  However, I am willing to compromise and adjust the number upwards to 60 or 80.  Maybe even a 100.

I hope you all will sound off shortly on how you feel about the above and let me know if you will be participating this year and when you would like to hold the draft.  Thank you, Bison, for keeping us going for the last 10 years.  Hope you will return next year.  So I can get revenge for you beating me last year. 

bayonetbrant

do we need to add a pitcher spot based on changing the innings?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I thought about putting another SP spot.  5 more innings a week I don't think would require it, but, 10 would.

Arctic Blast

Friday the 24th is a no go for me. The rest of that weekend should be free, though.

KyzBP

I'm in.  The date and time doesn't matter to me.  I'm just happy about a live draft.

bayonetbrant

y'all set it and I'll try to be there.  Weekends are hell for me w/ Bayonet Jr's soccer schedule and the season in full swing...

OJsDad

I'm in again, though I barely know what I'm doing managing the team last year, so I'd rather my team be auto drafted. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Not a problem.  I've seen autodrafted teams win the whole thing before.  If you have any questions about running your team, I'd be glad to answer.

OJsDad

Thanks MD.  I was getting the hang of it in the last half of the season.  I just don't trust myself to draft a team from scratch. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

No problem.  Contrary to what I might project, I would much rather help someone learn and understand how to play than take them out behind the woodshed and whoop them with their lack of knowledge.  My goal every year is win a league filled with knowledgeable and engaged participants.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

The reason for the limit on transactions is so some idiot doesn't pick up a new pitcher everyday in order to win the K and W totals.

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!