Newly titled 'What you THINK youll be playing this weekend' thread

Started by undercovergeek, June 22, 2012, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on June 22, 2012, 10:00:29 AM
^What don't you like about the steampunk scenario?

I don't dislike it, it's just that I wanted to play with the new religion system, and scenario eliminates it.  Then again, looking at the tech tree, the scenario appears pretty short, so I'll probably finish it before moving on.

Huw the Poo

Oooh, I dunno.  Most likely Rift, but the tiresome gaming ADD is beginning to set in once again.  I turned it off early last night and started playing Spellforce 2 instead; just did the tutorial in that so I might plough ahead with it.

I did start Armada 2526 a couple of weeks ago so that may get a look in, along with Ultima 6, Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic and King's Bounty, depending on my mood.

mikeck

Well, I'm kind of burned out on my space 4xs for now. So, may try warlock or the new Civ 5 expansion. I REALLY want to get back into CK2 but not much ppoint with th new expansion/patch coming next week....would have to start over anyway.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 22, 2012, 08:14:50 AM

Endless Space - Sowers mission to get kicked off
DEFCON - 1st online game scheduled
AJE BETA testing

OOOoo! Nice choices.   Although I've never played DEFCON.   

I'm just saying this because Endless Space is increasingly excellent and.. GET TO WORK ON AJE SLACKER!!!  IT BETTER BE TRIM!!  :P

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on June 22, 2012, 12:16:37 PMAlthough I've never played DEFCON.   

DEFCON is absolutely brilliant.  So atmospheric.  Plenty of opportunities to stab people in the back too, which is always pleasant.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on June 22, 2012, 12:16:37 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 22, 2012, 08:14:50 AM

Endless Space - Sowers mission to get kicked off
DEFCON - 1st online game scheduled
AJE BETA testing

OOOoo! Nice choices.   Although I've never played DEFCON.   

I'm just saying this because Endless Space is increasingly excellent and.. GET TO WORK ON AJE SLACKER!!!  IT BETTER BE TRIM!!  :P

im doing it just for you Nef  ;)

i think im allowed to say im Beta testing Combat Mission Italy too now, which is quite spectacular

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 22, 2012, 12:45:16 PM
i think im allowed to say im Beta testing Combat Mission Italy too now, which is quite spectacular

there are places online where you should definitely rub that in
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Why do I even bother with these threads?

I HOPE to play:
Rise of Flight
Red Orchestra 2
Skyrim

Anything else is just gravy.

Oh, and I'm down with some MP Defcon anytime- that is a fun game, but way more fun online.  Gosh, I haven't played it in years...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I'll be exploring the city of Markarth in Skyrim. You see I walked into this bar in Whiterun and this guy challenged me to a drinking contest. After 3 drinks I passed-out and woke-up in Markarth. What was in those drinks? I better stick to Nord Mead from now on. I've only been here for an hour and already a lady was murdered in the marketplace, there's a giant spider they want me to kill in the museum, somethings eating the dead bodies in the Hall of the Dead, and I got trapped in an abondoned house with some kind of Hell Lord in the basement. What a city! What a game!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Per usual, I'll be continuing my Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns with my fellow Grogs. 

I'm in something of an RPG mood at the moment, so I'm thinking a little Baldur's Gate might be in order. 

I'm *hoping* to try and check out Star Trek Online again. 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 22, 2012, 10:56:51 AM
Well, I THOUGHT I was going to play some Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai on my new PC.  Turns out I can't because the game doesn't work with AMD's new flagship card, the 7970.

Why they're allowed to splash "AMD optimized" on the game's loading screen is beyond me but needless to say, I'm not too happy about it.  Apparently, this has been a known issue for several months, affects pretty much all 7970 users, and neither AMD nor Creative Assembly seem able or willing to solve it.
What?!  A Total War game that has problems running on a certain card or cards, and neither CA nor the card manufacturer will do anything about it??  Gee, *that's* never happened before...  ::) 

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 22, 2012, 12:07:53 PM
I did start Armada 2526 a couple of weeks ago so that may get a look in
Nice!  You have the Supernova expansion, or just the original? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Fetrik

spelk

Day of the Spears II
Syndicate (the new one)
Drox Operative
Advanced Tactics Gold

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on June 22, 2012, 02:39:00 PM
Nice!  You have the Supernova expansion, or just the original?

Just vanilla at the moment.  As I recall, you're the one who talked me into trying it again. :)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Martok on June 22, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 22, 2012, 10:56:51 AM
Well, I THOUGHT I was going to play some Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai on my new PC.  Turns out I can't because the game doesn't work with AMD's new flagship card, the 7970.

Why they're allowed to splash "AMD optimized" on the game's loading screen is beyond me but needless to say, I'm not too happy about it.  Apparently, this has been a known issue for several months, affects pretty much all 7970 users, and neither AMD nor Creative Assembly seem able or willing to solve it.
What?!  A Total War game that has problems running on a certain card or cards, and neither CA nor the card manufacturer will do anything about it??  Gee, *that's* never happened before...  ::) 

Yeah, but I figured that the game had been out for a while and was finally stable and AMD's new card had been out for 4 months.  Guess when they changed up the game's graphics engine for Fall of the Samurai, it buggered things up royally.   Bastards....

Oh well, ArmA II and Rise of Flight are both looking bloody fantastic with the new card.  (Iron Front looks pretty good too, but I still have some weird issues with it).  Guess that's what's on the menu this weekend.  Gonna try to get on the SimHQ server for Iron Front Saturdays.