Main Menu

Valor & Victory

Started by RyanE, June 01, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

https://yobowargames.itch.io/valor-and-victory

Looks interesting.  I donated and downloaded.  Will let you know what I think after tonight...if anyone cares.

bayonetbrant

is it based on the old print-&-play boardgame?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

RyanE

Michael Dorosh

I've heard good things about the print and play game, but owning all of ASL, I was never bothered to look further into it.

So this is an online application of some kind? Not a lot of detail there.

Will look forward to the OP's report. Hard to get enthusiastic about freeware.

Barthheart

From what I've heard it's a direct PC adaptation of the PnP board game.

More on it here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1963263/first-blog-pc-version-valor-victory
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1995821/early-view-first-pc-map
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1999364/very-first-pre-alpha-build-pc-game

This is in conjunction with a re-release of the board game as a self-published effort instead of free PnP.

It's a fun squad level game. Simplier than most but gives a good feeling for the scale.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Rayfer

Quote from: RyanE on June 01, 2018, 01:21:54 PM
https://yobowargames.itch.io/valor-and-victory

Looks interesting.  I donated and downloaded.  Will let you know what I think after tonight...if anyone cares.

The first screen shot looks a lot like Matrix's "Tigers on the Hunt."

RyanE

Thought the same thing.  Its like a cleaner and sharper version of it.  Just played with it a little.  There are almost no implemented features yet, from what I can tell.  But it has some promise.

yobowargames

Hi There - Thanks for the mention RyanE (and the very kind donation).

You are right not much implemented yet. This is a from day one see how it's developing release program - You get to see the game warts n all as I work on it. A bit of an experiment on my part as I am sure many will be expecting to at least play something.

Won't be freeware - but two versions. A small play it and see if you like it version - that's free. Then a full-blown commercial "buy it on Steam" version.

Zulu1966

Quote from: yobowargames on June 01, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

You are right not much implemented yet. This is a from day one see how it's developing release program - You get to see the game warts n all as I work on it. A bit of an experiment on my part as I am sure many will be expecting to at least play something.

Won't be freeware - but two versions. A small play it and see if you like it version - that's free. Then a full-blown commercial "buy it on Steam" version.

donated and downloaded. Looks like a nice start.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: yobowargames on June 01, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

Excellent. Good luck with it.

MiniHexer

Valor & Victory cant believe its so cheap, feels very much like tigers on the hunt but we have the charts etc.. and definatly feels like ASL, ASL with A.I. was the holy grail a couple of years ago, now we have this for £15, now whats blown my mind is a scenario editor so i can play soldiers with it this is what makes it fun and they could charge for sceanrio editors as DLC and i would not mind that.

heroes of stalingrad was like this but the rules although easy was never pickup and play you always needed to check you were calculating right. HoS was the best of its kind, but this one if you know a standard wargame system is pickup and play , and its really well presented and quite deep stategy but very easy to play, but it would be harder for non wargame noobs, but still a ggreat game even if you are a noob. infact this isd the best noob wargame i have seen , but also the best tactical goto game i now have

thankyou matrix

ArizonaTank

A nice game.  It is more intuitive than Lock'n Load Tactical Digital...for me anyway.  Lock'n Load just seems ponderous to me...  It is also miles ahead of "Tigers on the Hunt" IMHO...

Also I like the built in scenario editor. Now, if they put in a map editor, that would be perfect.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

acctingman

So, how does one access the demo?

Rayfer

Quote from: ArizonaTank on July 19, 2021, 02:36:54 PM
A nice game.  It is more intuitive than Lock'n Load Tactical Digital...for me anyway.  Lock'n Load just seems ponderous to me...  It is also miles ahead of "Tigers on the Hunt" IMHO...

Also I like the built in scenario editor. Now, if they put in a map editor, that would be perfect.

Agreed...the scenario editor is quite easy to use, but a map editor would be a tremendous upgrade.  I haven't played it is awhile...did they add in mortars and off-board artillery? (or were these already there but my old brain has forgotten?)