Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.

Started by Destraex, July 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Quote from: DennisS on October 08, 2019, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on October 08, 2019, 12:58:35 PM
I'm curious about this one. I have "Rule the Waves" and "Rule the Waves II".  It sounds similar , but with better graphics.  Has anyone played both?  If so, what is your verdict on the two games?

I have both, and love both. Personally, RTW II is superior, as it adds naval aviation.

Leaving aside the aviation aspect, how does the realism compare between the RTW  and Ultimate Admiral? Is the shipbuilding and combat more realistic in one as opposed to the other?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

This game looks a lot like that 3D Naval Battle game, was it, "War at Sea"? The one with a Russo-Japanese version and a later WWI version. You know, the one the company walked away from and never would update. We talked about it here recently. I think it was Norm Kroger's baby. That's NOT a bad thing if it is cause I loved that game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's it, Distant Guns is the one I couldn't think of. Anybody else see the resemblance?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Definitely. This appears a little more user friendly and accessible.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 08, 2019, 07:27:59 PM

This Imperial Chinese Superdreadnought was one of my more successful designs -- not very fast, but with 11 15-inch guns and plenty of 5-inch secondaries -- how can you go wrong?

Sir Slash

Very Nice! I'd take her home to meet Momma.  :bd:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Huh! That ain't saying much, my Mom thinks I'M cool.  :o

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

So any more on current gameplay guys, worth investing to get in the beta?

mbar

21 Naval Academy mission scenarios to play.

Design your ship or auto build it.

No save blue print function yet. Probably because the game will be updated frequently and would break saves anyway.