Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

sandman2575

Man am I stoked for this! Probably my most anticipated 2019 release at this point.

Almost never preorder- this will be an exception though.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skoop

I'll be buying this for sure, though I'm not really excited about it being bagration.  I'd rather it had been Kursk where it was a time when the out come was still undecided.  Gaming bagration is like gaming custers last stand as Custer.

I'm sure eugen will make it nice and balanced for both sides and the strategy layer will be great.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on December 05, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
I'll be buying this for sure, though I'm not really excited about it being bagration.  I'd rather it had been Kursk where it was a time when the out come was still undecided.  Gaming bagration is like gaming custers last stand as Custer.

I'm sure eugen will make it nice and balanced for both sides and the strategy layer will be great.

This was my initial reaction as well. Not thrilled about Bagration, but the game will still be awesome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

sandman2575

Good points about Bagration -- I agree it's a somewhat unexpected choice. Kursk seems like it would've been a no-brainer... the last 'clash of the titans' as opposed to Bagration, when the Wehrmacht was already done for (...not that it didn't still take a hell of an effort on the Red Army's part...). 

Kursk seems like an obvious expansion, if the game is going to expand along 'operational' lines ...which I sure hope it will!

I've been playing a lot of Red Thunder of late, not really sure why. That's another game centered on Bagration, of course. But playing it reminds me why Eastern Front is going to be so amazing for SDII... all those open grasslands, perfect tank-fighting terrain, unlike all the bocage mazes in CMx2 Battle for Normandy, where any turn around a corner can mean some pesky squad with a panzerschreck / bazooka just waiting to ambush your beautiful tanks....

Also-- *18* New Divisions ??  Holy cow am I excited for this....

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I don't know about you guys, but when I woke up this morning I thought, "You know what the gaming world needs?  Another WW2-themed RTS game!"

So imagine how happy I am to come across this thread today! 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on December 05, 2018, 02:19:12 PM
I don't know about you guys, but when I woke up this morning I thought, "You know what the gaming world needs?  Another WW2-themed RTS game!"

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

sandman2575

Is WW2 ridiculously over-represented in PC/video/board gaming, to the detriment of many other historical conflicts of equal interest?

You bet!!!

Will I continue to buy them, contributing to the constant glut of WW2-themed games that drown out other historical conflicts?

You bet!!!

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 05, 2018, 02:19:12 PM

The world DEFINITELY needs more Foghorn Leghorn (and Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Wiley Coyote, and, well, just more Looney Tunes)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Will I lose my posting privileges if I admit I have played past the tutorial on Steel Division?  :-"