Main Menu

Astro Pirates

Started by crowdrake, May 30, 2022, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

edit

al_infierno

Looks very cool!  I like the way the sidebar looks compared to your other games.  Your GUI skills are coming along nicely!   O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

crowdrake

Quote from: al_infierno on May 30, 2022, 06:35:44 PM
Looks very cool!  I like the way the sidebar looks compared to your other games.  Your GUI skills are coming along nicely!   O0

Thankyou. it was fun giving it a graphic boost.

crowdrake

sorry I had a last minite graphics update, so link was down for a while

W8taminute

This game looks good.  I love how all the important stats are tracked for each ship.  And I agree the GUI interface looks very cool.  The buttons remind me of the old hand held Coleeco Vision Football game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

crowdrake

Quote from: W8taminute on May 31, 2022, 10:19:47 AM
This game looks good.  I love how all the important stats are tracked for each ship.  And I agree the GUI interface looks very cool.  The buttons remind me of the old hand held Coleeco Vision Football game.

thanks, I have only just realised i have to work on things like GUIs I just used to think bare bones was enough, but it didnt take much to put a buton rather than a rectangle to click on.

al_infierno

Quote from: crowdrake on May 31, 2022, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 31, 2022, 10:19:47 AM

thanks, I have only just realised i have to work on things like GUIs I just used to think bare bones was enough, but it didnt take much to put a buton rather than a rectangle to click on.

I feel this game development is a long road of little lessons like this.   O0

By the way, what engine do you use to make your games?  Is this Unity/Godot?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao