Author Topic: BMS 4.34  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Tripoli

• Viking
Re: BMS 4.34
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »
While the gold standard would be the Falcon 4.0 campaign (or the WoFF campaign for that matter), I would find something like WoX perfectly acceptable.

I want to log on, pick my plane, and have the game plan a mission of which I am just a small part in the larger scheme of things, contained within a bigger picture.  It really shouldn't be that hard.

While I've seen the dynamic missions on MP servers, I'm not a fan of flying MP as a single player.  A virtual squadron is probably the way to go.

I just started a WOFF campaign.  Its February 1916 and I'm flying a Nieuport Scout.  Underarmed, Underpowered, Unreliable, and its single machine gun points 20 degrees to port.  It makes a DH2 look and feel like a P-51.....
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Toonces

• Global Moderator
  • Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 10:49:40 PM »
If you can hang with it, WoFF is one of the best experiences you will have.  Man alive, it is such a great flight simulator and campaign experience.

If you play solid Iron Man you will find yourself a very sad panda.  You'll go 5, 10, 15 missions and be feeling invincible, and then one simple mistake and you're a flaming wreck.

No ejection seats.  No parachutes.  No second chances if you foul up.

You hit CTRL-E and the game laughs at you.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Offline Tripoli

• Viking
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 07:01:02 AM »
If you can hang with it, WoFF is one of the best experiences you will have.  Man alive, it is such a great flight simulator and campaign experience.

If you play solid Iron Man you will find yourself a very sad panda.  You'll go 5, 10, 15 missions and be feeling invincible, and then one simple mistake and you're a flaming wreck.

No ejection seats.  No parachutes.  No second chances if you foul up.

You hit CTRL-E and the game laughs at you.

I've played a couple of WOFF campaigns.  You are right that they are epic.  It is a wonderful game.  There may be better WWI  flight sims, but there isn't a better campaign than WOFF.  Unfortunately, I suck at virtual flying.  Consequentially, I have a lot of experience as a flaming wreck. Or a spinning wreck. Sometimes I completely cut out the German middleman in my demise, opting to kill myself via terminal prang on landing.   I got lost on my first mission yesterday, and couldn't find my own aerodrome.  Had to land and ask for  directions. :-[
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:06:43 AM by Tripoli »
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln