Bunnies - less hated than before

Started by airboy, March 16, 2020, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I shoot clays - sporting clays when I can.

Sporting clays involves riding in a golf cart with your shotgun and ammo.  You have up to 15 or so stations - each having two throwers.  You can shoot a round of 100 or a round of 50.

I shot a 69 (out of 100) on Thursday - but the station that had two bunnies (clays that roll on the ground simulating rabbits) I went 0-8.

This afternoon I shot with the course owner pulling.  He is also a good instructor.  He gave me about two sentences of "bunny advice" and I went from 0-8 to 6-8.  My overall score went to a 78 - which is close to a personal best (an 86 on a very easy course).

JasonPratt

Pretend I was less lazy and found the "I'm All Right" dancing gopher gif from the first Caddyshack movie's end-credit sequence.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

twitter3

I used to go rabbit hunting when I was growing up in northern Wisconsin and I can attest they can be very tricky to hit on the move. Think speeder bikes like Empire Strikes Back but on the ground.

I am interested to know what were the two sentences your instructor gave you.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: twitter3 on March 17, 2020, 07:57:41 AM
I used to go rabbit hunting when I was growing up in northern Wisconsin and I can attest they can be very tricky to hit on the move. Think speeder bikes like Empire Strikes Back but on the ground.

"Almost everyone misses high.  Shoot at the front feet and remember they move slower than clays in the air."

Sir Slash

That sounds like a great retirement sport AB. Is it very expensive?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

twitter3

Quote from: airboy on March 17, 2020, 09:28:39 AM
Quote from: twitter3 on March 17, 2020, 07:57:41 AM

"Almost everyone misses high.  Shoot at the front feet and remember they move slower than clays in the air."

The front feet part reminds me of what my great uncle told me a long time ago. I also used to hunt grouse and the missing high part reminds me of making sure to swing the gun through the target (bird or rabbit).

Sounds like a great time!

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 17, 2020, 09:33:34 AM
That sounds like a great retirement sport AB. Is it very expensive?

A round with a golf cart costs about $45 not counting shells.  It is a lot less expensive than hunting.

Plus, when I was working three stressful jobs at the same time shooting was about the only thing that could clear my mind and reduce stress.  When I have a shotgun in my hand with a moving target in front of me - nothing else is on my mind.  I'm totally focused and forget about everything else in the world.  The only other thing that worked was fishing with a fish on the line or hunting with game in my sight - but hunting and fishing have a lot of down time and the worrisome thoughts would intrude.