Thank the maker! 'Star Wars Squadrons' leaked

Started by Gusington, June 12, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

SirAndrewD

No problem.  It's amazing what they've accomplished on a game that's old enough to drink. 

I need to give the more recent updates a go.  Last version I tried didn't have TrackIR. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Toonces

Wow, that's awesome!  I'm glad I clicked on this thread now.

Don't you know I installed X-Wing Alliance about a month ago but still haven't opened it up?  I think I bought it like 5 years ago on Steam as part of some huge Star Wars bundle...none of which I've played of course.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

Alliance was a solid entry.   Not as good as Tie Fighter but I really enjoyed it. 

There's a group that's trying to do some of the same upgrades to the first two games using Unity, not sure if it's the same modders.  It's a taller order than fixing Alliance but some of the video on it is stellar. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Xwing and Tie Fighter were so freakin good back in the day. I missed out on xwing alliance though.
I hate to be negative (ok, I am generally negative these days) but I really think I have my work cut out with star citizen. Only star war rebels, mandalorian and clone wars keeps me going in star wars. The last theee movies were absolute tripe. Rogue Squadron and Solo I liked though. So add all that up and I may be wrong.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Trailer for Squadrons reported to be coming Monday.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2020, 11:49:21 AM
Trailer for Squadrons reported to be coming Monday.

Man I hope it's an actual gameplay trailer and not some glorified cutscene.   I want to see what this game actually is.

Skoop

I would have loved battlefront 2 space craft combat had they allowed hotas and track ir.  Instead it's a game pad nite mare.

SirAndrewD

Starfighter Assault plays perfectly well with mouse and keyboard. 

However, yes, it's getting frustrating that there's never been any HOTAS or TrackIR support in any of the EA titles. 

If a bunch of modders can make it work in a game engine from 1999 I can't imagine it'd take too much effort for a AAA studio in 2020 to add it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Doesn't really tell us anything about the game, other than you will probably be able to fly for either side. Did I just miss the details?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

HoodedHorseJoe

A few outlets have gone live with more details, like Eurogamer, PCGamesN etc.

I understand actual gameplay will be shown during EA Play on the 18th. What details have emerged so far says it'll be a 5v5 thing, with a single player and a multiplayer component.

SP follows events post Battle of Endor, played from both sides with customisable main chracter.

MP as the standard dogfighting mode and some kind of objective based 'Fleet Battle' mode where both sides are trying to destroy the other's flagship.

Crucially, it seems to be a 5v5 game. It's an oddly specific restriction but it suggests they are going after the MOBA or even the Rainbow Six: Siege crowd, with more tactical teamplay. Very odd/interesting choice.

They also claim not MTX as all progression is earned through gameplay.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

JasonPratt

A quick subtitle near the bottom said in-game footage.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

I'm encouraged that they made a point out of showing cockpits with functional elements. 

If that's in game footage as it says, that's a positive sign.

W8taminute

If this game is any good and is not a total disaster like everything else EA does as of late then I might get it.  I might get this game so that I can fly as the empire and crush the SJW disney rebellion/resistance BS. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk