Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Wargaming

Labyrinth: The War on Terror

(1/3) > >>

airboy:
I'm strongly considering buying Labyrinth: The War on Terror.

Have any of you played it?  If so, what are your thoughts?

Geezer:
I bought the base game and the expansion.  Played the base game once solo.  Never opened the expansion.  It was OK but it didn't grab me like I hoped.  I'm at the point where having to thumb through the rules every time I want to do something is just too much work.  YMMV.

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: airboy on June 22, 2020, 02:36:29 PM ---I'm strongly considering buying Labyrinth: The War on Terror.

Have any of you played it?  If so, what are your thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I've played the board game about 5 times. I also have the computer game, but haven't played it.   It is an excellent game.  It does a good job of simulating the major "muscle movements" of the GWoT.  It would be a good teaching aid for a course on the GWoT, but it is also a good game in its own right. The US and the AQ are closely matched so that it is an entertaining game, but it also is a good jumping off point for a discussions about various aspects of the GWoT.

Jarhead0331:
How is the pc version for solataire play?

al_infierno:
Sorry to add to the followup questions, but how similar is this game to the COIN series?  I absolutely love Fire in the Lake and Cuba Libre, and it looks like I'll feel right at home with this title.  Is that a reasonable thing to assume?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version