Author Topic: Washington Code Talkers?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
Re: Washington Code Talkers?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »
Might work, especially since some realtor in Alexandria has "trademarked" some of the obvious possibilities.  There is a name for people who do that, but it eludes me at the moment...

Is this even legal? Can you trademark names you are definitely not using?

Back to topic;
What about Washington Greenskins and use an Orc as mascot?

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 09:01:50 AM »
Apparently it is legal.  It's a practice known as "bad-faith trademark filing"-sometimes referred to as "trademark squatting."  People do it mostly in hopes of making a person or company pay them big $$ to give it up.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »
Ugh.
Hopefully there will be legislation to deal with these sort of things just as it began for copyright trolling.

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »
The guy who did it is apparently willing to give the trademarks up for free, so it sounds like he played himself more than anything.
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 07:44:44 AM »
Now sports reporters are saying bad news coming out about the Redskins.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washington-redskins-football-bombshell-coming
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »
Weird...wonder what it could be...
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 08:16:59 AM »
Pelosi will be playing as Quarterback. The huddles will be 30 min. long.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 02:40:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/nestsports1933/status/1283823192457584641

If even a fraction of this is true, then holy freaking cow, man.   :o
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:06:57 PM by steve58 »

Offline SirAndrewD

• Condottieri
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »
From what I was reading Washington's possibly about to face a sex trafficking scandal that may even involve Snyder.

Some Washington fans are actually happy about the possibility.  Snyder hasn't exactly been a model owner for the franchise.  They're hoping for an ouster.

Offline CptHowdy

• Viking
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 05:09:45 PM »
Well Epstein's madame is in jail now and still alive last I heard. I'm sure a lot of people are shaking in their boots right now.

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 01:25:48 PM »

- MengJiao

Offline SirAndrewD

• Condottieri
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 01:34:08 PM »
Do I get a check from Dan Snyder for the idea?

Heck, they are even using the number on the helmet.

Offline Lowenstaat

• Velites
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 02:16:35 PM »
I wonder if they're holding out for a corporate sponsorship team name contract offer. As precedent think of all the stadiums that had geographic or location names, but are now [insert corporation name here] field / stadium. So, how about the Washington FedExers? Although, Washington Ex-Feds might be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:18:40 PM by Lowenstaat »
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »
Or if the price is too high, they could have a joint sponsorship.  The Washington Fed-UPS