Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 10, 2020, 02:33:49 PM
Huh. My Firefox doesn't want to open that video or even show its operational window.

Fortunately I've seen it already, and forgot to come post it.  :crazy2:

Their new addition to the female side of the cast has been kicking it right between the posts and out of the stadium, over the past several months!

PM me how to imbed videos.  The "youtube" key on my browser produced the results you saw.

JasonPratt

Let's see if this works. I got this by right-clicking on the video at YT itself, and left-clicking copy code (second option on the dropdown menu), then pasting the result between the "youtube" codes. This has always worked for me in the past. (Yep, tested out, seems to work.)

I have no idea why copying the actual youtube address has problems. Once upon a time that could be solved by deleting the security 's' after the http, but not anymore. It obviously doesn't cause problems for other people in other browsers; might just be a problem specific to Firefox.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

UNC won a game without defense against Wake - 59-53.

JasonPratt

Me literally three minutes ago: "Hey! We're not losing yet! Against a Top 25 team! Wow, the words coming out of my mouth mean so little when I think of how good the Vols were decades ago! And also I feel old now!"

Dad: "You did turn fifty last week."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Jason - I thought about you when Smoke returned a pick 6 for 104 yards and a TD.  If you were watching the game with me, I would have patted you on the back and gotten you a cold beer or a nice Scotch.

But comparing 2020 Auburn to a "real" top 25 team is sort of ridiculous. 

Sir Slash

Next Saturday is the BIG one AB. Does the losing team still have to leave the state until after football season?  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 22, 2020, 11:31:45 PM
Next Saturday is the BIG one AB. Does the losing team still have to leave the state until after football season?  :P

I'm guessing Alabama wins by 4 touchdowns.  Auburn's defense has been weak, the offense inconsistent and Alabama has crushed everyone.  It is a rivalry game - but still.

JasonPratt

"You've even joined a Conference, and it looks like you're going to win it! So are you going to stay...?"

ND: "Nope."

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on November 22, 2020, 10:57:05 AM
Jason - I thought about you when Smoke returned a pick 6 for 104 yards and a TD.  If you were watching the game with me, I would have patted you on the back and gotten you a cold beer or a nice Scotch.

But comparing 2020 Auburn to a "real" top 25 team is sort of ridiculous.

HEY TO US AUBURN IS A REAL TOP... 25... {sniffle}

There was a time when Auburn was no kidding the secret nemesis rival of the Vols, whom we looked forward to every year with a special trepidation. We loved playing Bama and Florida, win or lose (and sometimes won). But Auburn scared us, win or lose.

It's a good thing I mostly ignored that game. I could have easily been talked into taking up drinking, maybe a wide sampling of various dark beers to start with.

airboy

Unfortunately, Notre Dame controlled the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half.  UNC's penalties and lack of line depth killed them once again in a top 5 matchup.  I'm not sure if they have ever won a game against a top 5 team in football.

airboy

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2020, 08:18:01 PM
Saw that. My condolences.

Saw it with six friends & my wife.  We had:
1] Marinated and Grilled Beef Tenderloin
2] Boiled Shrimp with Bay seasoning
3] Black Beans & Dirty Rice
4] Cheese & spice stuffed peppers
5] Excellent Mac & Cheese
6] Excellent Potato something (like Mac & Cheese but better)
7] Grilled Chicken
8] Brownies
plus we watched it on a deck with a big metal fire pit

and there was booze.

It was pretty awesome.  Everyone was a buddy and we caught up - and yelled at the TV.

Gusington

Can't believe you could eat while watching. That would be like me eating while watching the Jets.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd