Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Waiting for the Gofundme to pay for Gus' buyout.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

airboy

Nix had a very bad game.  Of course, I would never take a snap with SEC linemen wanting to drill me into the turf!

SirAndrewD

There are problems that go a lot deeper than Nix, but yes he played awfully.  For all intents and purposes Auburn didn't beat Arkansas either. 

Seeing Williams and Nix fighting on the sidelines and coaches unable to control it is embarrassing.

SC hasn't beaten Auburn since 1933.  A long, hard look needs to be taken at the fundamental issues that have caused this to come to pass and it all starts with the Head Coach. 

Just because he beats Alabama more regularly than most doesn't mean that should buy him job security.  We made a huge mistake with his extension.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Anyone watch that Clemson massacre today? Wowzers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 17, 2020, 05:28:40 PM
Anyone watch that Clemson massacre today? Wowzers.

Clemson's playing on a different level from everyone else.  Even Alabama. 

Lawrence passed for over 400 yards and 5 TD's. 

It all starts with the coach though.  Dabo Swinny has built a juggernaut.  Dude took a non-state school that wasn't considered a blue blood prior to his tenure and has turned them into the top program in the nation.

So, acknowledging what a good Coach like Swinny or Saban can do, lets look at guy who has managed to take a College Football blue blood and drag them into a real morass of mediocrity. 

In his 8 years at Auburn, here's where Gus Malzhan stands...

3-4 (43%) vs. Alabama
2-7 (22%) vs. Georgia
2-5 (29%) vs. LSU
2-5 (29%) in bowl games
1-4 (20%) in bowl games vs. major conference teams
0-11 (0%) in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa
36-26 (58%) vs. SEC opponents
14-16 (47%) vs. SEC opponents on the road
7-6 (54%) vs. non-conference Power 5 teams
20-25 (44%) when playing ranked teams
8-15 (35%) when playing top 10 teams
2 NY6 bowl appearances, and is 0-2 (0%) in them
6 straight seasons (and counting) with at least four losses
1st loss to a non-major conference team in 27 years
1st loss to Tennessee in 19 years (20 years at home)
1st loss to South Carolina in 87 years (1933).
0 playoff appearances
0 National titles
2 first-round NFL draft picks since 2014, both in 2020. Went 5 seasons without a single first-round pick.

How does he still have a job!?   :pullhair:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 17, 2020, 06:43:50 PM
I...I don't know.

Ugly when you lay it out like that isn't it?

I mean, the answer is he took someone else's team to the NC game in 2013, a game they lost partly due to his poor decisions in the 2nd half.   Then in his hotseat year in 2017 he managed to beat Georgia and Alabama back to back and go to the SEC Championship that he lost.  To me that earned him a one year prove it deal.  To Auburn's now thankfully ex-AD Jay Jacobs that earned him a 7 year extension that would cost currently $21 million to fire him. 

:pullhair:

Now Gus has the gall to blame COVID on his team's miserable performance this year.  A year our legendary Coach Pat Dye died, partly from complications of COVID.  This ignoring the 7 years previous where Gus has been dragging down the program that Pat Dye resurrected from the mediocrity of the Doug Barfield years in the 70's and made it a major player in NCAA Football.

I'm off the Gus Bus.  I'm not only off it, I'm slashing its tires and putting sugar in its gas tank.

Can you all tell I'm pissed?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Gusington

Probably not, I started earlier today 😎

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

UNC is stinking, but at least Dook already lost.

Sir Slash

I would've lost money on the Alabama-Georgia game. I thought for sure Georgia would take it but I forgot, they're from Georgia... they choke in the second half.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 17, 2020, 10:43:56 PM
I would've lost money on the Alabama-Georgia game. I thought for sure Georgia would take it but I forgot, they're from Georgia... they choke in the second half.  :2funny:

Never....

Never ever....

Never under any circumstance bet a red, dirty ass penny against Nick F'ing Saban and the Crimson Turds. 

Losing proposition every day. 

Who wants to go outside and explode things with FFF black powder?

airboy

UNC played so miserably in the first half they could not make it up in the 2nd half.  Other than evil losing, not a good football Saturday.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on October 17, 2020, 11:09:40 PM
UNC played so miserably in the first half they could not make it up in the 2nd half.  Other than evil losing, not a good football Saturday.

Well, I'm an elitist dick.  I don't honestly think of UNC regularly.   

I keep thinking on how USC and UNC have utterly failed, constantly, to dominate their region and how Clemson of all comers have taken every ounce of talent away, and won, and won regularly, and are really the best of the best. 

Auburn's not the state school, same as Clemson.  They had, under Dye and Tubberville the same success a non state school like Clemson can have. 

Malzhan has torpedoed Auburn.

STILL MAD.