Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife and I are UNC alums - so we care.  But I understand your not caring about UNC football.

airboy

Jason - I hope that your wife did not leave you after you threw a beer bottle through the window after the 2nd pick-6 thrown by the Tennessee quarterback.

Its probably not you, but you never know.......

https://www.outkick.com/vols-fan-beer-bottles-window-wife-left-him-radio-call/

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on October 19, 2020, 10:10:16 AM
My wife and I are UNC alums - so we care.  But I understand your not caring about UNC football.

Yeah, I know.  Wasn't trying to insult your Alma Mater.  I was overly salty. 

I'm actually surprised they don't do better.  Clearly Clemson has demonstrated there's talent to be had on the coast.

I'm mostly an Auburn fan because it's my alma mater as well, but I did start following them and cheering for them prior to going to the Plains.  All it took were Alabama fans ordering me to "declare" when my family moved to Alabama in '89. 

I actually grew up and still am also a Longhorns fan.   Don't even get me started on a UT rant though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 17, 2020, 06:49:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 17, 2020, 06:43:50 PM
I...I don't know.

Ugly when you lay it out like that isn't it?

He was probably referring to the Gofundme for the "Gus" buyout.  :coolsmiley:

Not that I disagree with your analysis, ofc. Good Lord, I remember back when Auburn was basically the undeclared nemesis of the Vols.

Quote from: airboy on October 19, 2020, 10:11:19 AM
Jason - I hope that your wife did not leave you after you threw a beer bottle through the window after the 2nd pick-6 thrown by the Tennessee quarterback.

I can't entirely blame him, although I sure don't blame her!

Does EA Sports still do a yearly NCAA football game? I feel a need to manage things...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Nick Saban wasn't cured of Covid. It ran away from him. As fast as it could.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

CptHowdy

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 19, 2020, 09:42:35 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 17, 2020, 06:49:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 17, 2020, 06:43:50 PM
I...I don't know.

Ugly when you lay it out like that isn't it?

He was probably referring to the Gofundme for the "Gus" buyout.  :coolsmiley:

Not that I disagree with your analysis, ofc. Good Lord, I remember back when Auburn was basically the undeclared nemesis of the Vols.

Quote from: airboy on October 19, 2020, 10:11:19 AM

I can't entirely blame him, although I sure don't blame her!

Does EA Sports still do a yearly NCAA football game? I feel a need to manage things...

The last EA ncaa game was 2014. It is still widely played but not sure how readily available it is.

airboy

^ Is this because of the name & likeness court cases for college athletes?  I don't play sports games so I'm out of the loop.

CptHowdy

Quote from: airboy on October 22, 2020, 10:14:30 AM
^ Is this because of the name & likeness court cases for college athletes?  I don't play sports games so I'm out of the loop.

yes

JasonPratt

^ Makes sense. Though I'd be willing to play without a roster of actual people. Fake people are fine. It isn't like I need real Amazons for my Blood Bowl games!

(I wouldn't mind real Amazons, but I don't need them.  :coolsmiley: )

Quote from: airboy on October 22, 2020, 09:10:02 AM
Tennessee's head football coach fired the defensive line coach DURING the Kentucky debacle.

See: https://www.outkick.com/report-jeremy-pruitt-fired-assistant-coach-jimmy-brumbaugh-during-kentucky-game/

^ Makes sense. Also calls back to the SEC Shorts skit from a couple of weeks ago. "Who has a plan to fix this? ...which doesn't involve firing someone three weeks into the season?!" Vols: "Four weeks  :crazy2: !"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

I suspect the Gators being quarantined will be an improvement over their last game.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

amichaell

Hi, All. New to these forums. Big college football fan. (UGA) Been a crazy year. Hopefully we see a finish! (And hopefully Daniels gets healthy for UGA!)

airboy

Hello - lots of SEC people here: Tennessee, UA, AU, FU (oops "Florida").  UNC, dook hatred, and a gamechicken connection. 

Sir Slash

Got a prediction for this weekend. Bama played to near perfection in their game last Sat. in the second half. So watch for them to fall-down against Tenn. this weekend. I don't say they'll lose but... I think they will play sloppily and look like they're hung-over. After Georgia, how're you going to get 'Up' to play the Vols? Could be an upset in the making. Or at least they bust the point spread.  :wow:

JasonPratt

I dunno. Bama doesn't have much of the same classic psychological problems the Vols have had since the 80s, where if they aren't fighting for their lives they goof off and don't bother winning. (And that was back when the Vols were national top rank caliber every year!)

Also, if Bama was going to slough off I don't think it would be against Tennessee, due to our very long and historic rivalry. They might pull ahead and then go home early, so to speak, rejoicing in another win over the Vols, and then get caught in trouble late, but that's the worst I can feasibly imagine.

This leaves aside totally the question of whether the Vols can even show up and play.  ::) Bama might win against us this year while still on literal hangovers!