Author Topic: College Football 2020  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
Re: College Football 2020
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »
It was a close game....until.  :hide:  Congrats to Coach Saban on his 7th Championship. Seriously, I been watching 'Bama play since I was in Junior High School and I think this is the best team they've ever fielded. They could hold their own against some NFL teams.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2021, 06:05:41 AM »
It was a close game....until.  :hide: 

kickoff?  :D

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2021, 08:00:53 AM »
And thus, soon another season of SEC Shorts will come to an end.  :dreamer:

.....{checking}....

But not yet.

...........{checking}....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2021, 08:01:51 AM »
It was a close game....until.  :hide: 

kickoff?  :D

Lol'd!

Congrats to Bama for representing the SEC yet again in a championship game, and with yet another win!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
And another coach leaving to go elsewhere. Nick spreads coaches like Corona spreads infection.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
Sadly, I'm an Ohio State alum...  The game felt like the scene from Jurassic World where the T-Rex eats the goat....with OSU being on the wrong end of the transaction....:(
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2021, 09:17:31 PM »
The Buckeyes got nothing to be ashamed of Tank. I never thought they were for real until I saw them demolish Clemson in the playoffs. Then with some of their best players out with injuries they still stayed with 'Bama pretty well, coming back to within 2 TD's of them in the 3rd quarter. They certainly didn't back into the playoffs, they deserved to be there.

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2021, 01:38:00 PM »
There's no doubt that Bama deserved that win and dominated that game.

For the sake of college football, I wish that more teams would get competive with Bama.  But, in light of what we know today, it's awful hard to blame that on Alabama.  Other programs just have to figure out how to get better.