Main Menu

Do you love me?

Started by steve58, December 30, 2020, 01:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

:o  Damn, these things are getting to mimic who-mans a little too closely.  ???

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Maybe, but I don't think so.

SkyNet is coming...

I think I've posted vids from them before.  Unless they are trolling the internet/world, they've made amazing progress in the last couple years.

SkyNet is coming...

Hyundai just bought controlling interest in BD for over 1 Billion.

SkyNet is coming...  >:D

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

It is unquestionably CGI...regardless of what Elon Musk says!

...but I agree, SkyNet is, in fact, coming.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bobarossa

Not CGI.
https://apnews.com/article/boston-waltham-massachusetts-137153406d1ac51eee42775c5039279c
also  https://www.bostondynamics.com/atlas
Boston Dynamics is a robotics company.  I watched the motions and the robots were definately doing the correct things to maintain balance while dancing. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on December 30, 2020, 04:27:12 PM
Not CGI.
https://apnews.com/article/boston-waltham-massachusetts-137153406d1ac51eee42775c5039279c
also  https://www.bostondynamics.com/atlas
Boston Dynamics is a robotics company.  I watched the motions and the robots were definately doing the correct things to maintain balance while dancing.

CGI. And I won't believe it is not until I see it perform in person with my own eyes. BD have pulled this before.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

JH, time to buy a grenade launcher...if you don't already have one.  :-"

Gusington

That thing is more human than me. Maybe I'm CGI and didn't even know?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

Gus - No machine will ever be able to replicate your dance moves and we all know it.....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Sir Slash

The Robot Dancing does look awful fake to me too, un-natural if you ask me. But so do I on the dance floor after a couple of Long Island Iced Teas. But if they can dance, then they should be able to fight each other by now right? This could be a good thing.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

I won't really be impressed by those robots until they can get "the kick" and thumbs involved....

Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

JudgeDredd

It's just programming. They've had the balance thing down pat for some time. It's not like we're believing they're doing that on their own or that they've learnt it - they've just been programmed to do it.

I expect it took some time to write the routines
Alba gu' brath

steve58

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 31, 2020, 04:35:50 AM
It's just programming. They've had the balance thing down pat for some time. It's not like we're believing they're doing that on their own or that they've learnt it - they've just been programmed to do it.

I expect it took some time to write the routines

Oh absolutely, they were programmed.   What impresses me is how the devs have got the mechanics/movement down to mimic humans so closely.  I expect in a few more years, they can probably get the mechanical "skeleton" to look and be sized to a more human scale.