So, what if the Order of Battle devs made a STARSHIP TROOPERS game?

Started by JasonPratt, January 07, 2021, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

:D Looks pretty slick. Have to say the whole Matrix presentation is very professional. They have come a long way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Video of action shows they did not implement friendly fire.  The guys out front were immune.  And the bugs don't seem to moe nearly fast enough.  Have find the movie and rewatch the shower fight scenes. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Zulu1966

Got to say - the demo hasn't overwhelmed me. Very weak sound ... and less than visceral.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Tripoli

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 01, 2021, 04:43:48 PM
Got to say - the demo hasn't overwhelmed me. Very weak sound ... and less than visceral.

Personally, I would like a game based on the Heinlein book.  Jump troops with flamethrowers and nuclear missiles.  However, the bugs in the movie series were great.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Good use of the IP in terms of presentation and UI. Gameplay though? Meh.

It has potential to be fun and addictive, but it would need some work to get there and I'm not sure they'll make it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

Based on what most of you are saying, maybe this thread should have been named "So what if the Order of Battle devs made a STARSHIP TROOPERS game?"   :-"
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bobarossa

Amazing what a little comma can do to the meaning of a sentence.

Rayfer

Sigwolf

I've been quite enjoying it.  I agree the sound is very weak, though.  With at least five months until release, hopefully this is an area that could still be improved upon.

Destraex

I actually really enjoyed the demo. But am really bummed about there being no  multiplayer in an RTS game still. This title reminds me of command and conquer way back in the day.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"