When the FRIDAY Broke Free

Started by Jarhead0331, April 30, 2021, 11:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

I may fire up John Tiller's Gettysburg....RIP.

I have some modest objectives for this weekend (gamingwise):

- One mission in Conflict: Desert Storm (i spent hours to finish the previous one, very tough, mission 8).
- One mission in Stronghold Warlords
- Master of Orion CtS

Have a good weekend

Destraex

There are a tonne of games I want to play this weekend.

- Iron Harvest - free to play for two days - have had one game so far with a mate
- Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail - This game is so much fun. Really enjoying it. Have 3 3rd rates so far. A few frustrating niggling things but over all really relaxing while giving me the feeling of the sea that it should. I have had a couple of "questionable" wind changes at just the right time for the AI, that can be a little frustrating, but if I am honest it happens to the AI as well. :P
- Steel Division 2: Burning Baltics - Grabbed this and so far have tried with a mate the side with ar234 jet bombers - did not lose one of the 4 I deployed. Untouchable!
- Rome Total War Remastered - I grabbed this and have played one battle. Already much more satisfying than rome2. But will have to play some more to see if they have not done anything funny with the graphics.
- Star Citizen - if any of my squaddies get up I might try 3.13
- il2 Tank Crew - This is my fall back currently. Even with Post Scriptum's armour physics upgrades. You cannot do single player or have large armoured formations in Post Scriptum. Keep in mind if any of you own il2 - you can crew any tank with a tank crew owner.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

fran

I played Iron Harvest using the free weekend on Steam. Only single-player campaign for now. I thought the tutorial with snowballs was quite cool. I did notice enemy soldiers taking cover beside my own behind the same wall. I try it a bit more over the weekend.

Does anyone know how good multiplayer matching is and how easy it is to find a game?

al_infierno

Just finished Last of Us II and posted my thoughts in the Ha! I Finished It thread.  In short, I really like the gunfights but fighting zombies was boring.  I'll stick with Killing Floor 2 or Dead Rising for the undead smashin' fix.

Too many options this weekend.  I'll be playing some Dominions 5 multiplayer for sure, but beyond that I don't know.  I need to figure out what to invest my time in now that I've finished TLoU2.  :buck2:  I have the new Combat Mission games loaded up but I haven't had the patience for wargames beyond Dom5 lately.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Quote from: fran on May 01, 2021, 02:56:02 AM
I played Iron Harvest using the free weekend on Steam. Only single-player campaign for now. I thought the tutorial with snowballs was quite cool. I did notice enemy soldiers taking cover beside my own behind the same wall. I try it a bit more over the weekend.

Does anyone know how good multiplayer matching is and how easy it is to find a game?

Sorry Fran. I am just learning the ropes vs the AI with a mate. Steel Division 2 10 v 10 is most of what I play vs humans for RTS these days.
If I decide to buy iron harvest that might change. My biggest concern is the lack of maps. Do you know if a mod tools for map making are coming? Another small concern is that my mate told me that iron harvest's devs are making console controller mappings.... which probably means a console release. I am always concerned when titles go multi platform. But all power to them I guess.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

CJReich46

I actually started and finished a game that I found on itch.io - it was a nice little game called "The Shadow of the Twelve Lands." - it's almost like Might and Magic. Good story, pretty easy, once you get the handle on the combat and magic and your counters to the monsters, it gets to be kind of fun. It's a tiny download (3MB!)- and programed in lua using TIC-80, I find these neat little 8-bit games on there. Plus it's Free.

The developer includes a .pdf manual to get you started, and even a map. I beat the final boss yesterday and finished it.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

I don't play MP in Iron Harvest but according to Steam chatter it is quite popular/robust.

The single player campaigns were good enough for Iron Harvest to be one of my favorite games from last year...I was also a backer when it was launched on Kickstarter, so I am a little biased 😎

The new expansion will be a Day One purchase for me. The trailer, with Over There playing in the background, made me teary eyed!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd