יום שישי מגיע (Friday Thread)

Started by Anguille, May 28, 2021, 01:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on May 29, 2021, 11:08:26 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 29, 2021, 10:05:01 AM
Quote from: Redwolf on May 29, 2021, 09:53:43 AM
I want to play on the beach for the Bethpage airshow tomorrow. Looks like rain, a little concerned that performers cancel because of the weather.

You're on Long Island?

No, I'm driving up from Philly.

Today was canceled.

I heard. I was at MacArthur Airport on Thursday and got to watch some of the aircraft taking off and landing. The major attraction this year is the Thunderbirds.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Pete Dero

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Pete Dero

Quote from: Boggit on May 29, 2021, 09:46:59 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on May 29, 2021, 02:54:35 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on May 29, 2021, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on May 29, 2021, 07:42:06 AM
Stellaris

Do you use any mods or DLC?

If have all the DLC and I use some graphical and UI mods.
Which do you recommend?

This article gives a good overview of all the available DLC : https://www.pcgamesn.com/stellaris/best-stellaris-dlc

The expansions (Utopia, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Federations & Nemesis) add the most.  I would recommend waiting for sales because adding all 5 would cost you $100 at full price. (https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=stellaris)

I find it hard to recommend DLC as I went from playing the base game a long time ago to playing the game with all the DLC today. I skipped all the intermediate steps, so I can't tell in game what feature was introduced by which DLC of by a free patch.

Anguille

I got Federation right away as it adds to the diplomatic layer (which i found lacking). Being the diplomatic guy, this was the most important. I skipped all the other until they were on sale. Waiting for Nemesis to go on sale but i guess it would be second on my list.