Steam Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow - June 24th

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 23, 2021, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2021, 08:42:05 AM
Titanfall 2 is tons of fun.

A surprisingly engaging single-player campaign, I agree; I never got into the mp, but it looks like a hoot.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skoop

Hell Let Loose was my only steam summer sale purchase.  Really like it, hits the sweet spot between Arcady battlefield and more realism post scriptum.  I resisted getting it, because I already had post scriptum, but it's different enough that it was worth getting, plus eastern front arrives this month.  Also saw a mod for post scriptum that will be North Africa, so it's worth owning both.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Post Scriptum is rough, Gus.  You need to invest a lot of time learning the maps, the interface, and how to work with a squad.  Closer to ArmA than to Battlefield in terms of a learning curve.  Expect to walk for several minutes just to get to the front line only to die without ever seeing the enemy...a lot.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Then maybe hell let loose would be your speed.

Gusington

I did more damage during the sale than I thought I would. Everything was deeply discounted so money is not the issue, but time. First world problems, I know.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2021, 08:09:35 PM
I did more damage during the sale than I thought I would. Everything was deeply discounted so money is not the issue, but time. First world problems, I know.

same here....I am weak... :(

add in my JTS purchases and I really did my part to support the recovery....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

When you throw that bit in there about the economic recovery I feel better!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

STEAM sent me a threatening mail after some sale refunds:

It looks like you've requested a significant number of refunds recently. If you often have problems with your purchases, please submit another ticket so that we can help you solve these issues.
Please note, that the Steam Refund Policy is not intended as a way to try out games for free. If we have reason to believe that the refund system is used in this manner, we may decline future refund requests.

Since one of the reasons you can select in the refund request part is 'It's Not Fun' this is leaving me a little confused as 'It's Not Fun' specifically means I'm refunding the game because I don't like it.   :-\

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Ian C on July 14, 2021, 06:26:30 AM
STEAM sent me a threatening mail after some sale refunds:

It looks like you've requested a significant number of refunds recently. If you often have problems with your purchases, please submit another ticket so that we can help you solve these issues.
Please note, that the Steam Refund Policy is not intended as a way to try out games for free. If we have reason to believe that the refund system is used in this manner, we may decline future refund requests.

Since one of the reasons you can select in the refund request part is 'It's Not Fun' this is leaving me a little confused as 'It's Not Fun' specifically means I'm refunding the game because I don't like it.   :-\

I would read their policy. Just because they give you the option, doesn't mean it is a valid basis for refund. In fact, it could be a basis for them to reject the refund request. As Admiral Ackbar recognized after it was already too late, "it's a trap!"
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

matt3916

Wonder how many "a significant number" is?

Staggerwing

Just one more than STEAM will put up with?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

demjansk1942

Therefore, what do most gamers use as a reason?  I don't refund often but only at times when the game is junk.  Plus, I am in the habit of waiting until it's $9.99 or lower.  Unless, it's a game from matrix/slitherine

jamus34

I've only refunded once or twice but I put "program not working" as the reason. Legitimately, as one would not run at all and the other I was having weird audio issues for some reason and didn't want to go through the trouble to look into the problem once it was obvious menu settings wouldn't help.
Insert witty comment here.