Main Menu

No time for Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 01, 2021, 12:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Making Rome great again in Rome 2 TW with the DEI Mod. Rome's Latrines weren't built in a day. Have a great first weekend of October Grogs.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

World of Warships
DCS World
Iron Harvest
Starship Troopers Demo
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Building my new cockpit with the new HOTAS. It's coming along. Hopefully get to finish tonight.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on October 02, 2021, 04:12:59 AM
World of Warships
DCS World
Iron Harvest
Starship Troopers Demo

World of Warships
Enlisted
Board games

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2021, 07:10:13 AM
Building my new cockpit with the new HOTAS. It's coming along. Hopefully get to finish tonight.
Why build a cockpit when you have a VR headset?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on October 02, 2021, 07:17:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 02, 2021, 07:10:13 AM
Why build a cockpit when you have a VR headset?

Read through the DCS thread. The in-depth discussion is in there. TLDR; one has nothing to do with the other. I use peripheral devices in VR, so I still need a chair and controllers.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2021, 04:21:13 PM
Can New World be played solo without being bothered by 1000s of online idiots?

You can definitely play solo in this MMO.  In fact the only way to have anyone attack you is to enable a setting in your character profile that makes you vulnerable to PVP combat.  If you leave that setting off, no one can harm you. 

Yes some of the areas are very tough nuts to crack solo, but if you grind your levels high enough you can solo any dungeon.  In fact there is usually a lot of other players in those dungeons who are killing off the bad guys anyway so all you have to do is run fast and pickup treasure chests before the ai bots respawn. 

New World is an increadible experience, even as a solo player like myself. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Thanks W8! Just the info I was looking for. How far along are you in New World?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^I've got around 10 or so hours into it and I'm at level 18.  I've got quite a lot of food and raw materials stashed away as well as a decent collection of clothing and armor. 

Story wise I'm maybe 5% into the game but there is so much to do, including all kinds of side quests, that I'm in no big rush.  I predict this will be the kind of game that will still be played off and on even after the honeymoon phase is over. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Crusader Kings advice or Shakespeare?  You decide!  :2funny:

Get an heir and a spare; celibate from there
Two is one, one is none
When the hurly burly's done
When the battle's lost and won

(stole this from a Reddit exchange but it was too good not to share.)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd