Hiatus on New Game Buying

Started by Bismarck, February 12, 2012, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Why wouldn't you just order from Steam since it's required anyway?

Gusington

There are three different pre-orders with three different clans that come with each.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I'll pick it up from Gamersgate since I have that handy-dandy lifetime 15% off code:) 

Bison

You be able to buy all three the week it's released anyway.  It's the way of the DLC world. 

Gusington

^That's why I am holding out, even though it may be my favorite game ever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I haven't looked at it yet.  What's the deal with the clans?  Special units or just a re-skin?

Gusington

Both, I think. Just the tip of the iceberg with this release though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2012, 08:38:58 PM
^That's why I am holding out, even though it may be my favorite game ever.

Gus,

Do you have a listing of what pre-order specials are available from the various vendors?  I couldn't see anything mentioned on Gamersgate so not sure if that means no specials there.

Bison

Yeah I just looked on Steam and I think you are correct Gus.  I don't get the need to make this a stand alone game however. 

Gusington

Same as Napoleon: Total War. Except more gooder. There is a lot of new late 19th century military tech involved in this game. Which makes me salivate.

Grim.Reaper go here to see the differences in pre-orders: http://www.totalwar.com/shogun2/fots_preorder/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2012, 08:51:17 PM
Same as Napoleon: Total War. Except more gooder. There is a lot of new late 19th century military tech involved in this game. Which makes me salivate.

Grim.Reaper go here to see the differences in pre-orders: http://www.totalwar.com/shogun2/fots_preorder/

Thanks Gus...just having a hard time matching to Gamersgate since none of those version names are used on the Gamersgate site.  I am guessing it might be the limited version, but it doesn't say that.  Likely won't impact my buying decision, but was more curious than anything.

Bison

Well I hope it lives up to your expectations.  I still mantain that TW game design is best suited for melee based combat over long range black powder.

Gusington

^The beauty of that is that there is both in the upcoming title.

Grim.Reaper I got the Limited Edition for the original Shogun and it had an additional clan as well as some MP stuff that I never use...no big whup.

And Bison is right if we can all just hold out everything will be available as DLC in  few weeks after release.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Hiten Mitsuryugi Style, Bismarck!

(I look forward to the mods putting characters from Rurouni Kenshin into the game...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!