Paying attention to minutiae in a high level monster game?

Started by W8taminute, May 14, 2022, 11:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

After watching this video today it got me thinking about what type of grand strategy monster board game I like.

For me I've always loved to fret about, what some would call non-important details, things like how many bullets does each individual soldier have in a platoon in a game that is a corps level simulation.  It's not enough to roll a die look at a table and see if this piece of cardboard representing a corps sized unit gets to push the enemy piece of cardboard back two hexes.  No I want to actually fight out that confrontation controlling the movements of every soldier involved at a first person shooter level.  I want to also be the guy that has to drive the truck to the front line and deliver the supplies needed to fight this battle between two cardboard counters.  And then i want to repeat this over and over again with 1000+ carboard units on a monster wargame map. 

Does this make sense?  Is what I'm talking about a bit too much detail?  If I had all the time in the world and a younger brain that could process all of this information this is the type of game of my dreams.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Phantom

ArizonaTank

ComSim World Expo in Tempe, Arizona. The convention specializes in multi-day, multi-player monster games.

Dates are Aug 26-Sep 2nd.

I am thinking of going myself this year.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

they couldnt do that while filming the map right side up?  :pullhair:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

^^^Nice find Pete.  I never knew about this game but it seems to be the kind of thing I would have bought back in the day. 

^Yeah this YouTuber tends to do things differently from your average guy.  One of the reasons why I like him though.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk