Steel Beasts Update

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 05, 2022, 05:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Latest paid upgrade available ($40).....link to download page where you can read changes....

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

Destraex

glad to see SBproPE still going.
Wonder what it looks like now.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

The same as it looked 10 years ago is my guess.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

They've done some small graffics updates over the years, but it still looks decent.  They've added more vehicles.  The big one this update is a crewable t72b3 which has a comparable to western standard thermal sight.  Which for making Ukraine war scenarios is huge.  There's no crewable t84 which is the Ukrainian tank, but RA t72b3 vs UA t72b3 is good enough for me.  Not to mention you can control javlins in fps.  All these tools can make for some plausible Ukraine scenarios.

There is a big engine total rebuild in the works that has been going on in parallel to the annual updates we get for the current engine.  The total rebuild is still probably 2 years plus out from being released.  You can follow the discussion on their official forums.

Also with GPCH due to release due to release in September, which is a competitor to SB, with better graphics and possibly a cheaper buy in.  GPCH will be woefully missing key elements on release, like infantry, arty, and air support.  Plus no detailed editor.  I bet those items will be addressed by GPCH, SB is still the best total package.  But if your a sim enthusiast, own both.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Toonces

Steel Beasts is so ripe for a competitor.  I'm sort of surprised it's taking so long.  It just feels like money is being left on the table for some ambitious developer.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on August 07, 2022, 09:18:26 AM
Steel Beasts is so ripe for a competitor.  I'm sort of surprised it's taking so long.  It just feels like money is being left on the table for some ambitious developer.

Gunner Heat is probably the closest we will get for some time for modern times....

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24475.msg708256#msg708256