It's Friday bitches! Time for gaming.

Started by Martok, September 14, 2012, 11:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

I work the entire weekend, so I obviously won't be able to devote as much time to games as I'd like.  That being said, I should still be able to get at least some worked in.  What's on my plate:   

1.)  In the mood for some Trek that's *not* BOTF for once, so possibly a little Star Trek Online

2.)  Feeling the need for some classic RPG action, so Baldur's Gate is the obvious choice. 

3.)  With Shelldrake being gone the next few days, my 4x focus will shift to Distant Worlds: Legends.  Still haven't spent a whole lot of time with the new update, and would like to remedy that! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2012, 11:26:22 AM
Probably Star Wars Rebellion!

Continue Grand tactical stuff and go ahead with WWII ONLINE.

My only excuse for the WWIIONLINE thing is that some old friends of mine decided to get back into it.
Now that we all know that as French infantry we are doomed, doomed doomed doomed, we can finally
have some mild amusement.

It's kind of like hunting alien vampires.  Even when you catch those ancient
German jerries who are thousands of years old in terms of spacey bullet avoidance from behind and start shooting them in the
back at a range of 3 meters, half the time they still get up -- empowered by their dial-up connection so that they
are not there at the same time your bullets "go" "through them" -- and shoot you.  Since you have a normal world
internet connection (assuming you are not an alien vampire etc. etc.) you are actually in the game space most of the time
and sure enough the alien vampire bullet (which somehow doesn't have the same spacey nature as its millions-of-years-old progenetor)
kills you instantly -- though you still have to watch yourself do the ragdoll physics thing and go flopping dead, dead downt he stairs or
whatever -- or go skidding across the super slick cobblestones for half a block -- anyway you are dead and the alien vampires go on
to win as always.

But one in 5 bullets fired by a normal person has a 10% chance of actually intersecting with the alien vampire's spacey space so you kill jerry about half the time.  And heaven help those alien allies that are in tanks or planes.

Nefaro

Guild Wars 2

FTL

Football Mogul 2012 ..
Thinking of getting the newly released 2013 one before long, especially if it gets an update for the rosters.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

GUILD WARS 2!!!

I'll stop doing that now.

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2012, 11:26:22 AM
Probably Star Wars Rebellion!

You just shot up multiple levels in my book.  That was a great game that was never appreciated because of it's clunky interface, which actually is not that bad once you get used to it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

tgb

FTL
Evil Genius
Possibly a certain beta that shall go nameless (I returned the NDA this morning but haven't gotten a download link yet)

Arctic Blast

Well, tomorrow I'm having a big get together over here to play a ton of board games from early afternoon until whenever the last person leaves (usually about 4 am). So today's gaming will consist of Food Prep : The Game, Furniture Set Up : The Game and Beer Purchasing : The Game. Oh, and Run Down To The Post Office And Pick Up Game Order And Try To Get Fortune & Glory and Last Night on Earth : Timber Peak Ready in Time : The Mad Scramble Game.

I'll probably fit some FTL in there somewhere, though.

undercovergeek

CKII, CMBN PBEMs, some Shadow Magic, and i fancy a bit of Naval War if i get time

Barthheart

Slick Wilhelm

Still beta testing Commander: The Great War and I'm sure I'll get in some World of Tanks, too.

Anguille

I am most likely to play the following games:

- Armada 2526 Supernova pbem
- Space Empires V
- Gemini Wars

Greybriar

No gaming tonight. I have a wedding to attend.

As for the weekend, I will be leveling up some toons to 85 in World of WarCraft before the expansion goes live.

Probably some Warlock and Civ5. A few retro titles. Nothing brand new planned this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.