Norbsoft's New Publisher - Slitherine

Started by Bison, September 18, 2012, 03:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: MarkShot on September 22, 2012, 09:15:59 PM
I am going to provide a link to the most extensive public discussion of the underlying ethics.  Here are some things of interest which fell out of that thread:

(1) The thread was begun by one of the original MMG team members. He did so, since his and other posts were being deleted at MMG. Norb was the domain administrator and had full technical control of the site.

(2) A quite old thread on the International Game Developers Association by Norb demonstrated that he had long contemplated how he could liberate "his" code from the duly legal ownership of MMG.

(3) At least six members of MMG and some of NSD participated in the discussion. Not all agreed.

(4) There are numerous post by a user ID, "Coder", which highly praised Norb in all of this. However, due to an error where Norb neglected to logout and login, it was determine that Coder was actually Norb masquerading as a third person.

Here is the lengthy thread. Buy the game, or don't buy the game. At least, a couple of years ago the truth did see the light of day.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=302136&pg=1

I think I was still at WG when that took place. Or maybe not.

Doesn't matter - everyone is welcome here. Pass the word. It won't be deleted.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on September 21, 2012, 04:17:32 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on September 20, 2012, 03:37:50 PM
Quote from: Tuna on September 19, 2012, 04:22:13 PM
I asked on the site and they said that a DRM removal will be available to the previous owners of the game. You will just enter activation code as your serial.

Ok, but where do we download the version that only take a serial code?  :)

I was thinking perhaps an update will be released or something?  *shrug*

This does kinda push me towards buying the expansion sooner, though.

Patch is here http://www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml