Flight (mostly combat) Sim Special @ Getgamesgo

Started by steve58, November 02, 2012, 05:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Must be a good weekend for game sales...good until until 4pm (UK time) on Monday 5th November.

Get 2 games for only $25 from Getgamesgo

• DCS: AC-10 Warthog
  • DCS: Black Shark 2
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (Steam key)
  • Take on Helicopters (Steam key)
  • Take on Helicopters: Hinds Expansion Pack (Steam key)
  • Wings of Prey Collector's Edition (Steam key)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Holy shit!  I'd love to get those DCS games for $25!  Shame I don't have the cash. :(

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2012, 07:12:28 PM
Holy shit!  I'd love to get those DCS games for $25!  Shame I don't have the cash. :(

Stay strong until the holiday sales....I believe last year I picked up for something like $14.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rayfer

I've never bought from this site....can anyone share their experiences with them?

Grim.Reaper

Totally misread this.....didn't know you got "2" for that price...that is a good deal.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on November 02, 2012, 08:10:49 PM
I've never bought from this site....can anyone share their experiences with them?

Positive.  Only bought twice, but so far, so good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2012, 07:12:28 PM

Same.

Well.. I already have Black Shark 2 but I'd still like to pick up DCS A-10 and perhaps Cliffs of Dover or something.  My budget has hit the $2.50 sale range lately, however.  :-[

As for GetGamesGo, my experience has been good thus far.  I had problems getting one game to run well and they gave me a refund with no hassle.  So they've been good AFAIC, although I've not made but maybe three purchases there yet.  One issue I've had is not being able to buy a few titles they've had on sale there, in the past, since some are prohibited from being sold to North America (it's a British digital shop) due to whatever distro rights.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't know if you want to get Cliffs of Dover.  The developers have abandoned it as of the last patch 2 weeks ago.  Reports are it's stable now and if you just want to play online, it's OK but single player is completely broken.  Also, you can't use complex engine management if you fly the British planes because if you try, your plane goes boom. 

The devs have said that the fixes promised for Cliffs of Dover will be implemented, but only in the new game under development.  There are no plans to do any more work on Cliffs, nor will the engine be opened up to the modding community.  Pretty shitty way to treat customers if you ask me.

You can enjoy the drama in this thread.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3655010/So_it_s_just_the_middle_finger.html#Post3655010

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on November 02, 2012, 08:10:49 PM

Totally legit.  I bought mostly Steam games and their codes work on Steam.

bob48

Only £15 for 2 games, and one is A10, which I have been lusting over. I need to sweet-talk Mrs Bob. Birthday in a few days so this may be a good pick for an early pressie.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 03, 2012, 03:18:25 AM
I don't know if you want to get Cliffs of Dover.  The developers have abandoned it as of the last patch 2 weeks ago. 

That's terrible.

I have never really planned on getting it, especially now that some of the match-based warplane games are in beta.  So my WW2 flight simming, which I've not been into in long years anyway, isn't going to expand.   I would actually prefer to have the latest LOMAC release (something modern) but didn't see it listed.

No matter.  I've not finished with Black Shark 2 yet so it's just habitual want of game collecting on my part.  Thanks for the warning, though, I appreciate it.  ;)

JudgeDredd

I was looking into buying a couple - but the two I selected it said I couldn't pay using Paypal and had to use Credit Card. I'm a bit dubious about that - so I'm not going to bother.

Why can I not pay using Paypal and why would they offer it but then say I had to use credit card? I'm not putting my credit card details into a site that acts suspiciously like that...unless someone can suggest what a valid reason might be for that?
Alba gu' brath