Main Menu

Farthest Frontier

Started by solops, August 29, 2023, 11:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I have been watching Farthest Frontier on Steam for a long time. It really has me interested, but I have been burned so many times by this type of game. Does anyone have any experience with it?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Geezer

I only have 23 hours with it so far and don't feel qualified to write any kind of review.  I've had fun with it so far but it's on the back burner while I'm playing other games.  Game is very playable right now.  Will come back to it after the full launch.  Lots of good videos on Youtube that you could watch that should show you enough gameplay to make an informed decision on whether to buy or not.  Tacticat in particular has lots of good quality videos.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

Got it. Really addicting city builder, even with the combat option disabled.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Rayfer

Quote from: solops on March 22, 2024, 11:06:26 PMGot it. Really addicting city builder, even with the combat option disabled.

I've been playing it for awhile now, it's a lot of fun and I agree it is a really addicting city builder.  It took me awhile to realize you shouldn't spam-build structures. You have to take you time and closely watch your supplies of resources. Tier 2 buildings often require gold to build and maintain...I struggle with  this but continue to plug away at it.

rss334

It is currently worth the purchase even in EA.  I'm the same as Geezer regarding playing the game, only a handful of hours but they were enjoyable hours. 

nelmsm

I'll echo the rest in saying I haven't given it a lot of hours but don't regret the ones that I did.  It's addictive even without using the combat.  I'll be digging back into it once this move is over.