Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

Quote from Graviteam "Mius-Front will have an easier update system." March 1 at 9:19am

Good news all round i think  :)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Dolan50

Yes and no I think.

For new players it will most likely be easier than the old way.
For those of us that still update the old way it will be a little different since updating the old way won't be possible with the new game.

I haven't tried the new way yet,but it does look much easier requiring less steps.

It will be interesting to see though when new DLCs and more update patches are added to the new game if it really is an easier process.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

sandman2575

Good to hear the patching will be a little easier -- although if there's one thing I wish they'd change even more than the convoluted patching process, it's the game save feature -- which is simply terrible and there's absolutely no valid reason for it.  In essence, it forces you to play 'ironman' mode -- one precious save only, no incremental saving of progress -- which in itself wouldn't be terrible except that the game has a persistent tendency to crash when you try to save.  I can't tell you how many hours of campaign progress i've lost because of it. 

Also, if you do something like change graphics or other game settings, you will lose your save.  Delightful.

Dolan50

Some new features for the Mius Front game.
Still no release date yet.

I especially like this one though.
New modifier makes infantry hide behind vehicles depending on the direction of the enemy.

As usual, everything works automatically for any group. The player is only required to enable the right modifiers (select a preset command from the list).

More info on other features here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.685295208196423.1073741845.590904460968832&type=1
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Asid

Quote from: Dolan50 on March 19, 2014, 10:57:57 AM
Some new features for the Mius Front game.
Still no release date yet.

I read about the new features. Interesting  8)

I wonder when it will be released?

War in Pieces

sandman2575

Very cool.

Mius Front is pretty much at the top of my "DO WANT" games list.  Can't come out soon enough.  Would be nice to have some inkling of a release date, though...

TacticalWargames

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the crises in the Ukraine doesn't affect Graviteam and they stay safe.

Asid

War in Pieces

Barthheart

Who's shootin the paint balls?  ???

Skoop

So I got the complete steam version on sale and it's ok, I still prefer cmrt.  I still say they should combine SABOW and GT so you can crew WWII vehicles.  It makes no sense to me to have two different styles.  And modded steel fury is not going to do because I want the new engine and campaign system.

mikeck

Is Mius ever coming out? Heard nothing recently
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Asid

Hi Mikeck

Graviteam are a very small ....Team. They did a lot of work on SABOW as well as some GTOS updates. They are still working on Mius Front. I know it has been a while but I am confident it will be worth the wait.

Regards
War in Pieces

mikeck

Hope so. I looooovvveeee Graviteam games. Play both the WW2 and modern (realitivly) exclusively for my tactical fix
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Asid

War in Pieces

Hofstadter

Oh wow the graviteam devs featured one of my videos on their facebook page!

I do hope there will be more options for commanding units. Just a simple Attack command gets uninteresting quick
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"