Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

You are our portal to all things Graviteam, thanks. I plan on catching up on my DLC during the Steam Holiday sale, the sales on Graviteam games aren't as good as they used to be but there still worth it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

Do you have the Furtive Spring dlc? I am having a great time playing the last op during the end of that particular operation before everything turned to moosh halting all engagements. It would be a great starting point for those that have picked up the game enough and want to handle a smaller sized operation with great combined arms. As the Germans, you have superior forces, but can your men smash through points of resistance hard enough to continue the push? Very short bu very fun. There are 4 others too.

In this shot I have a large attacking force laying smoke screens at the break of dawn as my infantry advance. Some units stay and offer covering fire as others bolt into the action. My AFV's stand on the ready to blast hidden strong points of trenches. In the distance, an enemy fires a flare warning that units under its command are in contact with the enemy, and which way they are advancing from.

When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

No, i think all i have are the re-releases from APOS for Mius Front. I wonder if i'll be able to remember all the control details, For the most part i remember the controls except things like separating man and APC's and some Arty details. You play with the wire laying and limited orders? I don't micro but i want to be able to give orders when i want to.

Moreb

Quote from: -budd- on December 09, 2019, 08:17:03 PM
No, i think all i have are the re-releases from APOS for Mius Front. I wonder if i'll be able to remember all the control details, For the most part i remember the controls except things like separating man and APC's and some Arty details. You play with the wire laying and limited orders? I don't micro but i want to be able to give orders when i want to.

Separating men from APC if they are unmounted is Shift + click the unit panel to select just the APC and Alt + click the unit panel to select the infantry. Artillery is either off board, of which you set prior to a battle its location(s), type of shells i.e. HE, Incendiary, or Smoke, how many guns will be used and at what time. On board you can use them several ways, depending on the situation and equipment. For instance, your commander can have pieces fire at a target you can set on the fly even if the pieces have no los to the target as long as the section commander does and the pieces are in communication (of various forms). Pieces can also target on their own if they have los. If the right modifiers are set, pieces in communication and command can also automatically fire at targets the AI sets.

I play with realistic orders and details. You can still micromanage, but if you interfere too much and too quickly, units will not perform the acts, especially those with bad morale, leadership, lines of communication etc. Sometimes you have to wait while the panel shows the time needed  before trying to give another order. This replicates realistic orders being sent via voice range, runners, and wire links Wire links do their own thing and the player never controls them as they go about trying to set lines of communication, which are broke when moved. Your units (and the enemy) will also use colored flares, each denoting a particular bit of information, as communication.

etc etc.

Moreb

On sale to Jan 2 for $15.74. A huge bargain. The dlc's are also heavily discounted.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/312980/Graviteam_Tactics_MiusFront/

If you were on the fence about this incredible title, this should help. There is no other game like it.

demjansk1942

Is this much better than the War in Tunisia game?  I still find the tutorial not the best but what do you think is the improvement on this one?

-budd-

Quote from: demjansk1942 on December 26, 2019, 06:53:09 AM
Is this much better than the War in Tunisia game?  I still find the tutorial not the best but what do you think is the improvement on this one?
Same game as far as I know , just different theater. It's there Western Front track for the game.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: -budd- on December 26, 2019, 09:59:37 AM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on December 26, 2019, 06:53:09 AM
Same game as far as I know , just different theater. It's there Western Front track for the game.

More appropriately, I would say it is the same engine, maybe with a few UI refinements that have most likely been ported over to the prior titles by patch. The only reason the name changed is because of publisher's rights to the original titles in the series. But yes, in general, they are made by the same team with the same engine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

A new DLC with a peculiar name..."Grim of Death".

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1246030/Graviteam_Tactics_Grim_of_Death/

As much as I love this series, I'm starting to grow very tired of these DLCs that look and sound almost identical to each other. There is so much fascinating ground that this engine could cover. The developer has a gold mine on his hands with this very capable and flexible engine. Its a real shame he is so stubborn when it comes to source material...so many missed opportunities.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 20, 2020, 02:14:18 PM
A new DLC with a peculiar name..."Grim of Death".

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1246030/Graviteam_Tactics_Grim_of_Death/

As much as I love this series, I'm starting to grow very tired of these DLCs that look and sound almost identical to each other. There is so much fascinating ground that this engine could cover. The developer has a gold mine on his hands with this very capable and flexible engine. Its a real shame he is so stubborn when it comes to source material...so many missed opportunities.

While I'm always grateful for what the good folks at Graviteam deliver, I have to agree with JH's assessment.  Is this new campaign going to be meaningfully different from the experience of playing the "Black Snow" campaign, for example? Also, at 34 turns (!!) I'm pretty certain I could never finish this. A single campaign turn often takes me several nights/sessions to complete. I can't fathom how many hours I'd have to pour into this campaign to complete it. More than I have the endurance for, that's for certain.

Graviteam's absolute commitment to presenting only obscure historical operations is admirable on one hand, but it's also pretty exasperating.

-budd-

I'm a couple of DLC's  behind but I kind of agree with you. I mainly use the generator for battles and I'm ready for new terrain. Hope they expand the tank warfare timeline or some urban terrain maps.

Redwolf

Currently on sale on Steam. $16

Silent Disapproval Robot

Same.  I think I've got all the DLC except the China-Soviet border one (I have it for the previous version of the game and wasn't impressed with it).  Kinda getting bored with fighting over the same patch of Ukraine.  I'd really like to see them expand on the Tunisia title and maybe move it over to Sicily and Italy.

Jarhead0331

I'd like the focus to move over to more of the Cold War conflicts stuff.  Not necessarily the big showdown in Germany, but how about Arab-Israeli Wars or Russia in Afghanistan? That $hit would be dope!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^I like it. They could title it 'Dope Conflicts of the 20th Century - Not the Drug Wars Edition'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd