Humankind! Civ-like game from Endless Space developers

Started by Rayfer, August 19, 2019, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Look forward to have something different to Sid Meier's Civs....i think there's enough room for more than just one.

Gusington

^Me too. Still have not bought Civ VI because of the cartooniness of it, and the look of Humankind soothes by decaying black soul. I still don't like the title, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Labbug

For the next 20 hours Civ-VI is on sale on Steam.  The base game is 75% off, $14.99 and the Platinum Edition is 72% off, $47.75.

Anguille

Quote from: Labbug on December 13, 2019, 04:23:45 PM
For the next 20 hours Civ-VI is on sale on Steam.  The base game is 75% off, $14.99 and the Platinum Edition is 72% off, $47.75.
Should i get gathering storm or not?

Barthheart

Yskonyn

Quote from: Anguille on December 14, 2019, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: Labbug on December 13, 2019, 04:23:45 PM
Should i get gathering storm or not?

Without a doubt a full volumed YES!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on December 13, 2019, 10:39:24 AM
Look forward to have something different to Sid Meier's Civs....i think there's enough room for more than just one.
Agreed.  I just wish I had more faith in Amplitude's ability to actually pull this off.  I just cannot get into their Endless games. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on December 21, 2019, 02:25:04 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 13, 2019, 10:39:24 AM
Agreed.  I just wish I had more faith in Amplitude's ability to actually pull this off.  I just cannot get into their Endless games.
I found it easier to get into Endless Legend...

Gusington

Their games are...dense. With lore, with back story, with faction info, with tech info...etc. So I hear you.

But I think if their next game is historical I will be able to get into it easier than their fantasy or scifi games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I really like Endless Legends and I still play it. But I found both of the Endless Space titles severely lacking. Their combat mode is the most deficient of several features I found inadequate.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Martok

Quote from: solops on December 21, 2019, 01:36:09 PM
I really like Endless Legends and I still play it. But I found both of the Endless Space titles severely lacking. Their combat mode is the most deficient of several features I found inadequate.
Yeah, the combat in ES1 and ES2 was a big part of the turnoff for me as well.  I'm also not a fan of the small map sizes. 

I've not played Endless Legend, as it's never appealed to me in the first place.  Something about its art style, combined with the low-fantasy setting, made it a non-starter for me. 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the visual sprawl of cities spreading across half the map.  I much prefer to claim territory the way Age of Wonders: Planetfall or Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes does. 

hellfish6

Yeah, that video actually turned me off from the game. I'm not interested in covering the world in one what appears to be one big megacity. That just looks dumb.