Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteAn F-14 Tomcat from VF-1 'Wolfpack' flies a Combat Air Patrol over Vietnam in April 1975 during the evacuation of Saigon

mirth

Quote"Rosie the Rocketeer": Lt. Col. Charles "Bazooka Charlie" Carpenter and his L-4 Grasshopper armed with 6 M1 Bazookas mounted on the wings. Carpenter would be later credited with knocking out 5 German tanks and an armoured car during the course of the war.

mirth

Staggerwing

The Soviets once put an operational nuclear reactor into a Tu-95 and made several flights to test shielding. It was to be the precursor to the Tu-119 (iirc?) which would actually be powered by said reactor. The USA did the same with a B-36. Both projects were scrapped when ICBMs turned out to be a more viable way to nuke the other guys. Local rumor has it that when the B-36 project was cancelled there was a whole bunch of irradiated tooling clandestinely dumped into the Connecticut River just adjacent to the Pratt&Whitney factory south of Middletown, CT. 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

QuoteSoviet nuclear ekranoplan "Smelost" off the coast of Baku, Azerbaijan SSR in the Caspian Sea, circa late 1976. Photo by Alex Jay Brady.

Staggerwing

Looks warp-capable.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteF-14 Tomcat makes a low altitude turn above two Virginia Class nuclear-powered guided missile cruisers

mirth