Attack at Dawn: Stalingrad - New Game in Development

Started by Destraex, April 15, 2023, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

It seems the Attack at Dawn boys decided today was the day to launch news of their new game, stalingrad.

"Attack at Dawn: Stalingrad - New Game in Development"

"We have been working on a new addition to our Attack at Dawn series of games for a while now. What we initially thought would be a DLC update evolved into a concept for a full-blown game. We thought about it for months, making experiments and prototypes, and finally decided to make a brand new game and move to the EASTERN FRONT!

We are designing a game about the southern section of the WW2 Eastern Front. We are still deciding on the scope of operations, but we will probably have scenarios for: Barbarossa, Case Blue, Uranus, Donets & Kursk operations.

The new game will be all we have planned for General Staff DLC and more. Here is a list of some of the features of the game:
entirely new game engine, with entire 3D terrain and units
complete UI rework, making it easier to use and understand
dynamic campaign
general staff functions: �logistics, intelligence, operations, engineers, personnel
beautiful illustrations throughout the game
improved animations, and more of them
improved sounds, and more of them
full soundtrack

As you can see, it's quite an ambitious project and will take longer than we thought. But it will be worth it and turn this series into something fantastic!

In addition to this, we started a joint venture with Seleya Games to create a comic-book-styled board game about espionage, warfare, and nuclear exchange in Europe. We love to work on board game and video game projects in parallel, as it makes us more on the "designing edge".

If you wish to follow updates on all our projects more closely, please go to our website and subscribe to our newsletter. We issue it on a monthly basis, and it is the best way for you to follow and support our work during these long periods of development.

That's it for now. Have fun playing the game, and see you on the desert sand!

Tom"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1383640/discussions/0/7155698768541711353/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

I'm (mostly) on a game-buying moratorium right now (...mostly...)(in Newt's voice from Aliens), so I haven't bought their first Attack at Dawn game yet, but I'm still very interested in the system. I'll at least wishlist this, too, once it arrives later this year or next year!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Yeah. I am searching for the perfect strategic\operational level PC wargame currently. Must be real time or wego and must include every detail possible to allow for all situations faced by the real guys. Most games at those levels tend to abstract too much for my liking. Those that do not are turn based hex based limited.

Command Ops as mentioned in another thread would be a great base for a larger scaled game.
That is unless Command Ops goes to Grand Strategy or at least operation level? I should check the modules on steam out as I might be surprised. The scenarios you get with the core game are very small.

JasonPratt

Some of the COps2 modules (and its predecessors) are very large. Knock on All Doors has the largest unit counts on average, as I recall, but of course those are hypothetical Bulge scenarios, and also the fewest number of scenarios. By the same token, the two main Bulge packs have some large scenarios among a wide size mix.

The Highway to the Reich module (not sure what its current name is, but that's how I've known it back through many years of iterations when it was the ONLY module) has at least one scenario that puts together all of Operation Market-Garden on one map. For the longest time (at least as far back as "HttR" from Matrix, maybe "Red Devils over Arnhem") that was their biggest scenario and it's seriously huge. I don't recall that all of the historical Bulge is included in one scenario -- those scenarios are divided into north and south regional packs -- but KoaDs comes close.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Yeah I have decided that Command Ops 2 is my operational game of choice.

Operational and up to Grand Strategy I don't think anything really exists like command ops 2. Hearts of Iron for some reason has never grabbed me, it just seems cheesy and more game than wargame somehow. I have never really given Hearts of Iron a red hot go though as the mechanics seemed strange to me. Like I said above, abstracted beyond what can be taken as a serious attempt at simulation. Am I wrong?