Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncompetentIdiot

5 to Valerius, 10 to buy 1 influence for Cincinnatus.

Ethel the Frog

I will pay the ransom, and keep the rest in faction cash. 

JasonPratt

Quote from: IncompetentIdiot on October 14, 2018, 01:42:14 PM
5 to Valerius, 10 to buy 1 influence for Cincinnatus.

2 remains in Faction cash. Cinc's influence goes up 1 to 6. Total Influence now 19. Republic's Treasury up 10 to 19.

Quote from: Ethel the Frog on October 14, 2018, 01:57:59 PM
I will pay the ransom, and keep the rest in faction cash. 

Acilius returns to Rome alive! -- no personal Treasury now of course. With his Influence and Oratory restored, the Plutocrats now have 18 Total Influence and 11 Normal Votes. Faction cash now 3.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Erax

It looks like some rules say the costs are 7/11/18 and others say 7/13/18. Personally I think 7/13/18 is the right one, and since I lost a knight I'd need a 2-talent loan instead of 1. Here's my terms for a public agreement: the first faction to loan the Progressives 2 talents this phase will have their loan repaid next Revenue Phase, plus another talent of interest for a total of 3 talents, out of the Progressives' funds. I'll wait until all other factions have declared their expense allocations and go last.

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: Erax on October 14, 2018, 03:11:36 PM
It looks like some rules say the costs are 7/11/18 and others say 7/13/18. Personally I think 7/13/18 is the right one, and since I lost a knight I'd need a 2-talent loan instead of 1. Here's my terms for a public agreement: the first faction to loan the Progressives 2 talents this phase will have their loan repaid next Revenue Phase, plus another talent of interest for a total of 3 talents, out of the Progressives' funds. I'll wait until all other factions have declared their expense allocations and go last.

I'll take that.

Erax

It's a deal! I take my 11 cash plus II's loan of 2 and Flaminius the Younger holds a Blood Fest in honor of his deceased father. 0 cash left for my Senators or Treasury.

malize

Populists will put 2 to satisfy the ransom, otherwise no changes

Edit: to be clear, the ransom is to be paid with 2 from faction cash and the remainder from his personal funds

JasonPratt

I agree, it makes better sense for the second level to be 13. That way there's 7 for the first level, +6 for 2nd level and +7 for the third level. It's more balanced than +4 for the 2nd level.

Quote from: Erax on October 14, 2018, 03:41:39 PM
It's a deal! I take my 11 cash plus II's loan of 2 and Flaminius the Younger holds a Blood Fest in honor of his deceased father. 0 cash left for my Senators or Treasury.

Well, not yet. That's during the Forum Phase. But I'll make a note to "devote" it for that purpose when the time comes.  O0

I've now made the proper table adjustments, and left a Public Contract notepad next to the Progressives' Faction Cash tracker.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: malize on October 14, 2018, 04:17:54 PM
Populists will put 2 to satisfy the ransom, otherwise no changes

Edit: to be clear, the ransom is to be paid with 2 from faction cash and the remainder from his personal funds

Done! -- Aurelius returns to his family and to his Faction, poorer but perhaps wiser. Normal Vote Tally goes up to 8, Total Influence goes up to 10.

Perhaps some day, Rome will punch back its enemies far enough to give the homeland some living room, with the City of the Republic never to be sacked again!

JasonPratt

Tripoli has been out sick all day, but pm'd me that he'll keep all 8 cash in his Faction Treasury.

ArizonaTank

I will give each of my guys 2, also spend 2 for Camillus to get a knight
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

^ That finishes out the Revenue Phase's second segment, then.

I'll work on processing the third segment (the Republic's accounting, which is done automatically), and the first round of the Forum Phase (which starts with AzTank this Turn), when I get home from work this afternoon.

The Forum Phase will run in order, clockwise from the Player with the HRAO:

AzTank's Conservatives (already slated to spend Cam's 2 Talents to try for a knight)
Malize' Populists
Erax's Progressives (already slated to spend Flam's 13 Talents on games to honor his father)
I.I. Aristocrats
Tripoli's Militarists
and then (last this time) the Frog's Plutocrats.

Erax

Flaminius will roll for a knight with no cash. 1 in 6 is still better than zero! Hopefully you can process my Forum Phase turn automatically when it rolls around.

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 14, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

Perhaps some day, Rome will punch back its enemies far enough to give the homeland some living room, with the City of the Republic never to be sacked again!

Rome is looking for someone to lead their legions to teach the Barbarians a lesson?  Unfortunately, I have my small farm to tend to.  And war is such an unpleasant business.  Much better to handle things peacefully.  Good neighbor policy is always best.  But, if Rome decides I must go, I will, of course, faithfully go >:D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tripoli on October 15, 2018, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 14, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

Rome is looking for someone to lead their legions to teach the Barbarians a lesson?  Unfortunately, I have my small farm to tend to.  And war is such an unpleasant business.  Much better to handle things peacefully.  Good neighbor policy is always best.  But, if Rome decides I must go, I will, of course, faithfully go >:D

Well you better get ready... the auguries look auspicious!