Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 02:31:01 AM »
Started Mission 4 last night. Got to the IP and was taken out by "something" - I think it was a Mig.

Just left me wondering where the hell my CAP was - but also made me realise, I should do some situational awareness missions and watch some counter measure videos!

I did want to ask these questions though to anyone in the know - one about DCS and the other regarding real world...
  • DCS question - Bug or not - The mission I was on specified waypoint times, which I took great care to write down. But when I got in the mission, I noticed the clock in the A-10 said 16:27:15 or something...is that a bug in the mission briefing or am I meant to reset the clock to whatever value (which I don't believe to be the case - but had to ask)
  • Real world question - when I was looking at the mission, I was specifying upto 12000ft. With Offensive Air kicking around, as a ground pounder, should I not be weaving in and out the valley's? At 12000ft am I not a) a sitting duck and b) very, very noticeable on my way to the mission area?
Thanks
Computer Gaming / Re: Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement
« Last post by Sparhawk on Yesterday at 11:20:29 PM »
Like everyone else I've been patiently waiting for this to release. I had to stop playing DW1 a few years back because I just couldn't read the font any longer, even with reading glasses. Regardless it's one of my all time favorites. I'm kind of bummed that the race selection is so limited. I'm sure everyone has their favored race, mine was the Kiadians.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Letterkenny
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Yesterday at 09:12:12 PM »
If those around me, who over the years compared me to the TV show places I needed to move to, had sway I'd have been either in Canada or Alaska years ago. [Hums Northern Exposure opening theme]

(maybe should've listened, but too late now)
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Yesterday at 08:37:41 PM »
Heh.  One of my co-workers lived just a few km away from that guy's place.  The vids aren't as fun now because he became internet famous so much of it is just asshats showing up to moon his cameras.
« Last post by Bardolph on Yesterday at 08:14:38 PM »
Or you can just watch actual Canada ;)
This guy has seasons going back to 2015 I think:

https://youtu.be/on5b4NcbEK0

Sorry, using the Youtube thumbnail just shows an age-restricted thing, I rather image due to language.

I thought Letterkenny was pretty damn funny.
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Yesterday at 07:16:50 PM »
It's pretty much as Canadian as it gets.  The accents might be pure Southern Ontario but the mindset is straight out of every small town across Canada*.

(*Quebec not included)
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Yesterday at 06:56:08 PM »
"Allegedly."

Show is gold, and as sure as God's got sandals, it sure beats a good deal of many other shows out there.
Computer Gaming / Re: Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 06:40:40 PM »
So one of the technical problems I was having was caused by DPI settings. The game looked surprisingly bad in all resolutions and the UI was at times difficult to decipher, no matter what size I made it...so, I started looking into the DPI settings and would you believe overriding the high scale DPI settings fixed it. I'm shocked that on a modern game being made in this day and age, that is still necessary. I typically only have to do this on games that are decades old. Bizarre.
Computer Gaming / Re: Crysis 4 announced
« Last post by al_infierno on Yesterday at 04:20:46 PM »
They're all quite good, but I think the first one is probably the most Grog friendly because the open-ish island terrain really makes for some cool tactical choices, and the enemies actually speak Korean on harder difficulties.  Unfortunately, the game's quality falls off a cliff once you get past the island section and into the linear underground tunnels where you shoot floating aliens or whatever.

The sequels did a better job with the "alien" sequences because the aliens walk around like people so you can still sneak up and stab them or whatever... But still, nothing quite beats the feeling from the first game of crawling through the jungle foliage in a stealth suit, and ambushing guys who shout in panicked foreign language that I don't understand a lick of.  :)
Release date is Feb 11. 

I've been out of the gaming loop from moving and lately PC issues.  Gonna be watching this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10