Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Steam sale starts tomorrow
« Last post by Gusington on Yesterday at 11:02:49 AM »
‘I was born with nothing and still have most of it.’
Thanks fran - definitely still on my list to buy, but maybe not immediately.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 11:00:20 AM »
Wow. The sale is off to a real "bang"...I see some major titles front and center that are up to 0% off.  :uglystupid2:
Current Events / Re: Russian Build Up on Ukrainian Border
« Last post by Gusington on Yesterday at 11:00:06 AM »
Yes indeed where is climate change when we need to save the world??

I don’t know what the winter has been like in eastern Europe but here in semi-upstate NY it has been brutaly cold for about a month…prime weather for the Tanks of New Jersey to invade!
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 10:57:27 AM »
Well, a lunar sale has begun at GOG.... a few minutes still until noon, no sign at Steam yet.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 10:56:23 AM »
Bill Whittle and his crew discussed another key point in favor of this theory yesterday, that appeals to logistics: namely, according to their contacts, Putin hasn't set up a proper logistic train for even trying to overrun the country, much less occupy it.
If you have over 100.000 troops and a large number of tanks and other heavy weapons on 'training exercises' you also have some logistics working.

True, but there's still a difference between logistics for support on the border, and logistics for invasion support. The paper they were referring to indicated that the logistics for invasion aren't there. (Unfortunately they didn't link to the paper, so I have no idea what the details are for that inference.)

Also, yes, I forgot that the administration quickly walked back Biden's comment, so that no invasion is preferable. However, this may also be a case of Biden accidentally saying the quiet part out loud, and/or signaling to Biden that even though our administration says one thing publicly, we're willing to accept some small decisive action.

Since when has Russia in wartime ever really cared about logistics?   :crazy2:
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 10:54:52 AM »
Bill Whittle and his crew discussed another key point in favor of this theory yesterday, that appeals to logistics: namely, according to their contacts, Putin hasn't set up a proper logistic train for even trying to overrun the country, much less occupy it.
If you have over 100.000 troops and a large number of tanks and other heavy weapons on 'training exercises' you also have some logistics working.

True, but there's still a difference between logistics for support on the border, and logistics for invasion support. The paper they were referring to indicated that the logistics for invasion aren't there. (Unfortunately they didn't link to the paper, so I have no idea what the details are for that inference.)

Also, yes, I forgot that the administration quickly walked back Biden's comment, so that no invasion is preferable. However, this may also be a case of Biden accidentally saying the quiet part out loud, and/or signaling to Biden that even though our administration says one thing publicly, we're willing to accept some small decisive action.
I've played 12 battles of WARNO. In no particular order here are my thoughts. The game is surprisingly stable and bug-free. I had one in-game battle freeze. I enjoy the breakneck pace of it. Yes, it is ridiculously fast, but I enjoy that the fast jets are just that now...

The maps and detailed terrain is excellent. With the game balance to come, I'm sure we will have a worthy Red Dragon successor (minus the naval action hopefully) with the best bits of Steel Division incorporated.

Interestingly they have done away with the FOB supply bases, and one can place recon outside one's starting position. You can also 'sell back', send your transport off-map if you wish. The SD line of sight tool is now available. The damage models of units destroyed are more detailed.

ps always happy to play multiplayer my Steam nickname is Franatic  ;D
Computer Gaming / Re: Galactic Civilizatiions IV
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 10:07:10 AM »
This just slipped from alpha into beta. I'm going to have to take a close look at it again. Could be a contender with DW2 for top space 4x.
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 10:05:35 AM »
Most people don't know about it, but I've got it on good authority that Vlad was actually created in a secret Soviet laboratory using DNA from Hitler and Wily E. Coyote. This should explain a lot for all of us.  :o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10