Main Menu

Started by Greybriar, May 13, 2014, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

My interest was aroused when I first spotted 1849 by SomaSim for sale at GOG.com (the PC version is also available at GamersGate and Steam) for $12.74 U.S. The price is 15% off at those three sources. I like some city-builders and 1849 with its hand drawn graphics has its appeal.

But 1849 is also available for $4.99 in iPad format at the App Store and Google Play. I am unfamiliar with the pricing in other formats, but isn't a 250% increase of the PC version a little extreme?

I also ran across this post at the SomaSim forums and my interest in the game diminished somewhat.

But the bottom line is, has anyone purchased and played 1849 for the PC? If so, is it worth $12.74?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

The GOG reviews I saw panned it as being too simple.  Which fits the typical tablet game port expectations I have.

Gusington

From a quick browse I like the look of it...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd