Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Started by HistoricalGamer, June 25, 2014, 01:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoricalGamer

I've been working on a 6 part Let's Play series for the new release Ultimate General: Gettysburg, Parts 1-5 have been finished and uploaded already, you can view the playlist here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTGFcT0l8dvB2m9DFUGTxsHqTC1lVK4OM

Or see the embedded video below.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6 - Finale

panzerde

Thanks for doing these. One of the reasons I eventually bought the game was because of your videos.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rayfer

Excellent...well done! The only question I have is....why am I not playing this game yet?

JasonPratt

As much as I love the game, I've put off playing it for a few weeks because I got the impression the regular updates tended to either outright break the save or really deserved a restart. That sounds like a complaint, now that I typed it out, but I didn't mean for it to be.  :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

HistoricalGamer

Multiplayer has been added so you can now play your friends! It's still in a very crude state as you can see in the video and only presently has two scenarios available for play. Hopefully they add more stats and win loss tracking as well as substantially more scenarios!

JasonPratt

Have they gotten to the point where the weekly updates don't break the save/campaign?

I don't mean to be ungrateful, I'm glad they're continuing to work on it, but neither do I feel like starting up the campaign again and then having to abandon it again.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!