New Football Game on Kickstarter

Started by 21sec, July 02, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Interesting will follow but not sure about it...especially with ootp version out next year, stiff competition.

Yskonyn

Its about American Football, not 'our normal' football. Just a mention for us non-American citizens of this forum. Saves you a click.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 02, 2014, 10:49:50 PM
Interesting will follow but not sure about it...especially with ootp version out next year, stiff competition.

I'll be watching as well.  OOTP's Hockey game lowered my expectations for their football game. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on July 03, 2014, 04:15:44 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 02, 2014, 10:49:50 PM

I'll be watching as well.  OOTP's Hockey game lowered my expectations for their football game.

Totally different person doing the football game so I still have some hope, but of course cautious.  I am a little concerned about this one, even from a graphics standpoint.  I believe they indicated the "home" screen was done now with the new expert graphic designer, could just be me, but I didn't even think that screen was very good compared to things out there nowadays.

I'll keep watching since I am open minded on these type of games and I want to encourage developers to continue...

bbmike

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 03, 2014, 01:20:46 AM
Its about American Football, not 'our normal' football. Just a mention for us non-American citizens of this forum. Saves you a click.

And the plus side is your mention causes us Americans waiting for a 'real' football game to come out to enter a fit of click madness!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2014, 07:21:24 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on July 03, 2014, 01:20:46 AM

And the plus side is your mention causes us Americans waiting for a 'real' football game to come out to enter a fit of click madness!

Aye.  I may well back this one, despite my usual aversion to Kickstarters.

Arctic Blast

I backed it. If it doesn't make it, I'm not out anything. If it does, NEW FOOTBALL GAME!  O0

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 03, 2014, 12:59:26 PM
I backed it. If it doesn't make it, I'm not out anything. If it does, NEW FOOTBALL GAME!  O0

That's true....no harm in trying and always room for multiple takes on football:) 

JudgeDredd

mmm...the graphics and especially the "sound" going with that just gave it a 1990 feel. Not what I'm looking for - though I desperately want an American Football game...but this isn't it
Alba gu' brath

WYBaugh

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 03, 2014, 03:25:56 PM
mmm...the graphics and especially the "sound" going with that just gave it a 1990 feel. Not what I'm looking for - though I desperately want an American Football game...but this isn't it

Was thinking the exact same thing JD.  Graphics/GUI really don't look good.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: WYBaugh on July 03, 2014, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 03, 2014, 03:25:56 PM

Was thinking the exact same thing JD.  Graphics/GUI really don't look good.

He is still over a year away from release so maybe with his new graphic person it will improve...like the 2d field play, reminds me of stratomatic football in that regards.  Not sure it will work out, but will keep monitoring..

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: 21sec on July 02, 2014, 09:14:04 PM
Pretty far along, any football fan should consider backing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085006236/dynasty-football?ref=nav_search

I'm a fan of 3-down football - I don't see anything there for me. Matrix had published MAXIMUM FOOTBALL a few years ago that let you select NFL, American College, or CFL (3-down). I'd love to see a program of high quality that included all those options. This doesn't appear to be it.

So I don't think it is accurate to say "any football fan" - in fact, "many" football fans would be disappointed.

Not to mention Maximum Football also had 3-D in-game action. Not saying the animations were stellar, or anything like, say, Madden quality, but still at least something above Xs and Os.

vyshka

Just bring back Front Page Sports Football already!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: vyshka on July 03, 2014, 10:13:08 PM
Just bring back Front Page Sports Football already!

Sadly, never will happen....seems old the goodie oldies never come back and get updated for modern times...if it was the case, this would be an awesome game to do it with!