Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Very nice videos TheFjordFox!  Your presentation style makes the game very appealing. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

TheFjordFox

Thank you very much for the kind words, guys :) I am realizing a few shortcoming in my delivery when I re-watch them with a critical eye. I will remedy this (hopefully) in my coming videos. A bit more focus and energy probably wouldn't hurt. Live and learn, as they say. However, your kind words are appreciated!
I'm just another random.

Sir Slash

I enjoyed the videos as well. Good work.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

TheFjordFox

I'm happy to hear that :) Again, much appreciated!
I'm just another random.

TheFjordFox

So! I have been working on a playthrough of Railroad Tycoon 2 lately - playing through the campaigns on hard difficulty, going for a gold medal on all scenarios.

Has anyone else had the pleasure of playing this game? Personally I have sunk probably thousands of hours into it over the decades since it released in 98. And well, I'm taking my experience to youtube, and showing strategies on how to get gold, as I casually play through it. Hopefully someone can get something out of my videos! I'm gonna link the first video of the playlist here, and the video I am currently happiest with how turned out - the 6th episode. Some of them can be quite long, as I play through the scenarios in one sitting, but usually they don't hit the hour mark. Some can be quite short. It just depends on the scenario.

Episode 1

Episode 6

Well, that's it for my shameless plugging for now!   O:-):-"

Have a good day, y'all!
I'm just another random.

Rayfer

It's one of many games in my Steam library that I got in a sale but have never played yet.

TheFjordFox

I would have to suggest you give it a go! It's old but gold! Takes a slight bit of getting into, but it's fairly simple and straight-forward at it's core, and can yield at least a few hours of relaxed enjoyment if you are so inclined. :)
I'm just another random.

al_infierno

Got the new Halloween motorcycle in GTA Online from a free Amazon promotion or what have you.  Its speed is so ridiculous it can throw cars if you hit em right.  Some insanity displayed in my little compilation video (0:30 is when you can see the ridiculous GTA physics in action)

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Rayfer

a_i....great video, the music certainly adds to the entertainment.  I don't play this genre of game so I have to ask....is your character invincible, unable to die or be hurt?  Crashing at 100 mph, flying through the air then smashing into cars, pavements, etc. and you get up and walk away seemingly without injury.

al_infierno

Quote from: Rayfer on October 22, 2021, 06:42:42 AM
a_i....great video, the music certainly adds to the entertainment.  I don't play this genre of game so I have to ask....is your character invincible, unable to die or be hurt?  Crashing at 100 mph, flying through the air then smashing into cars, pavements, etc. and you get up and walk away seemingly without injury.

Thanks!  The helicopter propellers didn't do any damage to me, for some reason, but I'm taking damage from all those crashes - you can see my health in the bottom left corner.  It's just that in GTA Online, your character is shockingly resistant to being thrown around in crashes that would normally kill a GTA Single Player character.   O:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Bwahaha the music absolutely makes that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

That is too funny Al.  I was going to ask where is the "Wasted" screen because I didn't know you could get away with that in MP.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Russell Ian

I don't really want to seem like a shill in my 2nd post but I recently started a YouTube channel and I am playing Armored Brigade at the moment.  I play at 1:1 time and as real as possible within the parameters of the sim.  Right now I have 4 "real" videos uploaded at the company level and 2 "without commentary"

Here is the first video from the "series"   Please excuse my video editing skills, I'm learning on the go. 

Honestly I think this 2nd video is the best:

Any tips, AAR comments or subs or any other feedback would be great.  I'm just trying to have fun with this and share real life insights.

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Russell Ian on October 24, 2021, 10:34:46 AM
I don't really want to seem like a shill in my 2nd post but I recently started a YouTube channel and I am playing Armored Brigade at the moment.  I play at 1:1 time and as real as possible within the parameters of the sim.  Right now I have 4 "real" videos uploaded at the company level and 2 "without commentary"

Here is the first video from the "series"   Please excuse my video editing skills, I'm learning on the go. 

Honestly I think this 2nd video is the best:

Any tips, AAR comments or subs or any other feedback would be great.  I'm just trying to have fun with this and share real life insights.

Nice videos.  Fights at the NTC always interest me.  I especially like the names of your phase lines in the first video.    :)