Destiny! Who's waiting for theirs?!

Started by MetalDog, September 04, 2014, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

A bit misleading.  I don't really care if the game is any good or not, I just saw the commercial and it is BAD ASS!!!

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

My son pre-ordered it for Xbox.  It does look pretty good!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Tpek

I was thinking of picking it up for PS4.
Any actual reason to pre-order this btw? (the only pre-order goodies I saw were some silly cosmetics)

Jarhead0331

I pre-ordered for ps4. The beta was awesome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Rayfer

But did that trailer show any actual game play? Appeared to be only cinematic cut scenes. It was like watching a sci-fi movie. Great use of that old Led Zeppelin song.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on September 05, 2014, 07:05:44 AM
But did that trailer show any actual game play? Appeared to be only cinematic cut scenes. It was like watching a sci-fi movie. Great use of that old Led Zeppelin song.

No. There are plenty of other gameplay trailers out there. Live action mini-movies is something pioneered by Bungie with the Halo franchise. Here is my all time favorite:

Still gives me the goose bumps...every time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Holy crap JH...that was excellent. The invasion scenes at the end reminded me of the recent Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow. I thought it was a good movie....and that has nothing to do with seeing Emily Blunt kick alien arse.

Tpek

Quote from: Tpek on September 05, 2014, 01:50:12 AM
Any actual reason to pre-order this btw? (the only pre-order goodies I saw were some silly cosmetics)

Anyone?

spelk

Quote from: Tpek on September 06, 2014, 03:12:50 PM
Quote from: Tpek on September 05, 2014, 01:50:12 AM

Anyone?

You can pre-load it and play it from noon GMT on Monday (2014-09-08)?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/06/destiny-servers-live/

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2014, 05:54:52 AM
I pre-ordered for ps4. The beta was awesome.

Ditto.  Btw when I click on the video it tells me that the provider has not made the video available for my country. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

That's odd.  I posted it and I know we both live in the same country.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob