The n00b to end all wars!

Started by MetalDog, September 06, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

On the Serbian Front, at Novi Sad, I have the advantage of General, von Frank, and power, over twice as strong.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Well, gentlemen, as you may have guessed, I am not going to continue this.  I loaded up the game today in an effort to reinvigorate my interest and I failed.  Neither the time period nor the conflict hold any interest for me.  I want to like it, because so many people here that I hold in esteem adore both conflict and period, but, alas, I just can't.  Had I more familiarity with the AGE engine, it might have made this better, but, that engine and it's execution seem difficult for no other reason than to be difficult.  I thank all of you for the encouragement, but I just can't continue.

JasonPratt

Does anyone else have the game and would like to take over your position?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on October 23, 2014, 03:14:50 PM
Well, gentlemen, as you may have guessed, I am not going to continue this.  I loaded up the game today in an effort to reinvigorate my interest and I failed.  Neither the time period nor the conflict hold any interest for me.  I want to like it, because so many people here that I hold in esteem adore both conflict and period, but, alas, I just can't.  Had I more familiarity with the AGE engine, it might have made this better, but, that engine and it's execution seem difficult for no other reason than to be difficult.  I thank all of you for the encouragement, but I just can't continue.
Hey, I'm just grateful for the effort you *did* put into it.  I know the difficulties of trying to get into a game covering a period/conflict in which one has little interest, so I applaud you for getting as far as you did. 

If you'll pardon the phrase (I refuse to consider it a pun!), "there ain't no shame in your game".  O0 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

I totally understand your pain MD.  I mentioned this to Banzai_Cat in his B-29 thread and I'll say it again here.  Life is too short to waste on something you're not having fun with.  The style of gameplay from AGEOD does take a while to get used to and even when one does understand it still isn't everyone's cup of tea.  Good for you though on giving it an honest effort!   O0

I still have to continue my campaign but am distracted by too many other games atm. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Thank you again for all your kind words, gentlemen.  It encourages me to try my hand at something else in the future.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Great work on this, MD. I still want to try it and your gameplay keeps my interest in it piqued.