The Vainglory of Grogheads - Pride of Nations PBEM AAR

Started by undercovergeek, September 11, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

im freer from now on - but if you guys want to call it a day i understand

Silent Disapproval Robot

We've only been able to get in a turn every 5-6 days for quite a while now.  At that rate, the game won't end for another 30 years. 

We started in September 2014 and we haven't made it through the first decade yet.  I think it's time to put this one to bed.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

ill put my hand up and claim responsibility - sorry chaps, when i had a job sat at a PC when we started i could fire out the turns, im hardly in anymore

Silent Disapproval Robot

No need to apologize for anything UCG.  In a game as long as this, someone's real life is going to get in the way at times and that always takes precedence.  This is just a game after all. 

(Besides, I had the most prestige out of the three of us so in true Russian fashion I am declaring this the penultimate victory in all of human achievement.  Hooray for me!)

undercovergeek

in an entirely non gay way i claim the title of Lord of Handbags and Really Nice Shoes

bbmike

You guys did good to play as long as you did.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

its very noble of SDR to say what he has but it was my fault - i think if we could have kept a turn a day at least going we would have churned through the campaign - its very difficult to keep things going with 5 day gaps and not remembering what you were doing

theres rumours of PrON 2 also

Martok

Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
Agreed.  It was amazing you gents kept it going this long.  Thanks for doing it; it was fun to follow!  :) 

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 10, 2015, 08:55:57 AM
That would be awesome if said rumors ever prove to be true.  If they could could make a sequel that was a bit less byzantine and (especially) cut down on the long turn-processing times, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on May 10, 2015, 12:17:27 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 10, 2015, 07:53:43 AM
Agreed.  It was amazing you gents kept it going this long.  Thanks for doing it; it was fun to follow!  :) 

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 10, 2015, 08:55:57 AM
That would be awesome if said rumors ever prove to be true.  If they could could make a sequel that was a bit less byzantine and (especially) cut down on the long turn-processing times, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

phillipe has said theres an army of volunteers, i think its organising them into a cohesive force now

JasonPratt

Steam! {dum dum} What isss it good for? Moving along on Pr0n, uh huh -- good Gawd y'all, I said uh
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!