Main Menu

Started by eyebiter, April 20, 2012, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: DV8 on April 20, 2012, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 03:53:35 PM
I just got a small army of 15 mm armor in (finally) so I'll be filing and assembling minis for a while.

Let me guess, Panthers!  ;)

I assume there will be some pic's posted soon!

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on April 20, 2012, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 20, 2012, 03:53:35 PM
I just got a small army of 15 mm armor in (finally) so I'll be filing and assembling minis for a while.

Let me guess, Panthers!  ;)

Three Panthers, six tigers, three jagdpanthers, three wirbelwinds, and three PaK 43's.

Oh, and three Tiger II's. Porsche turrets, just because they're less common. w00t!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Wings of Prey, Crusader Kings and maybe Skyrim.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Capn Darwin

Steam ran amuck and downloaded the new patch right over all of my carefully modifed NWAC data files. Had to go back in and redo all of the guns and a handful of missiles. At least it works now.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

LongBlade

Quote from: Capn Darwin on April 20, 2012, 07:27:17 PM
Steam ran amuck and downloaded the new patch right over all of my carefully modifed NWAC data files. Had to go back in and redo all of the guns and a handful of missiles. At least it works now.

Doh!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Kushan

NWAC, after I mod missile hit percentages. I think SAMs are to accurate vs incoming missiles.

I'm also going to attempt to actually start a game of Aurora this weekend. I normally open it up, mess with some ship designs then  quit after having accomplished nothing.

Crusader Kings II with the new patch
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

I'll be now also mixing in some Battlefield 3 this weekend.

Arctic Blast

Last night was Gamma World night. Going to try to get in some Band of Brtoehrs (FINALLY arrived!) and Dawn of the Zeds on the board game front. Maybe some Summoner Wars as well, since I picked up a few new faction packs.

Digitally, I'll keep at FEAR 3 and probably play some BF3 as well.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 04:48:30 PM
^How is FEAR 3?

I'm actually liking it so far. After you play through the level as the usual character, you can go back and replay them as a sort of spectral version of Paxton Fettel from the first game. Haven't done so yet, but he apparently plays VERY differently. There are also some unlocks in single player that will give you more ammo, more melee attacks and the like. It works pretty well.

Gusington

Yeah I read about that. I was looking at some shooters this week and that was one. I played the original to the end, never played the sequel.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 05:16:12 PM
Yeah I read about that. I was looking at some shooters this week and that was one. I played the original to the end, never played the sequel.

I liked the sequel as well, though it was really just a prettier version of the first game with you playing a new character.

I'd suggest waiting for Steam's summer sale and grabbing both of them for cheap.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2012, 05:28:16 PM
^Is FEAR 3 scary?

I don't know that I've played any game I would call scary, so I'm not exactly a great person to answer that question.  ;D Though the occasional moment when the little girl version of Alma pops up just watching you could certainly be called creepy.

The only time in the whole trilogy that I've been scared had nothing to do with the horror aspects. It was the first time in the first game that you come face to face with one of those heavy walkers with the rocket launchers. Up until then, the ones the enemy refers to as 'heavies' are dudes in power armor with the bolt guns. So I go strolling up to the clamshell doors after clearing out the abandoned hotel, and BOOM! They explode inwards, and in strides this mech thing spewing high explosive projectules as it charges in at nearly the same speed I run at. And I'm fleeing away as fast as I can, tossing proximity mines at my feet and cursing loudly the entire time.

Gusington

The exact same thing happened to me! But Alma did freak me out too. As did the 'psychic storms' the player has as you advance.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd