Mouses w/ Consoles (PS3)

Started by DV8, April 22, 2012, 09:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DV8

Has anyone had any experience with using a mouse with their console system?  I think this would be a beneficial input device compared to the standard controller for FPS.

I plugged my mouse and keyboard into my PS3 the other day and it worked fine for the main menu stuff.  BF3 did not recognize it but I have seen some third party products that look like they may work.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

W8taminute

Hi DV8,

At one point I was looking for a mouse for my PS3 so that I could have a fighting chance during COD MW3 online.  I gave up on the idea as soon as I got my Xbox however.  I bought BF3 for Xbox and using that systems controller made all the difference for me.  Something about that left thumbstick moved slightly up compared to the right thumbstick.  You can get similar style PS3 game controllers but they are not made my Sony so the quality is questionable.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DV8

I've seen those.  You might have a point there. I sucked less with FPS when I had an Xbox.

DV8

My Frag FX Shark Controller for PS3 just showed up.  I'll post back if it works.   ;D

W8taminute

Quote from: DV8 on April 27, 2012, 10:07:40 AM
My Frag FX Shark Controller for PS3 just showed up.  I'll post back if it works.   ;D

Awesome and congrats!  Definitely let us know how this thing works especially with shooters like BF3 and COD MW3.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

DV8

I can't believe I'm staying this, thus far the regular controller is easier.  I got powned repeatedly with the mouse.  Large null zine.   :'(

W8taminute

Well supposedly you can adjust those settings either in-game or with the software that comes with the mouse?

Try youtube for help, here is a sample of the reviews out there:   http://youtu.be/pVFKbtOkFSs