1953: Nato vs. Warsaw Pact

Started by Jarhead0331, December 04, 2014, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anyone herd of this? Better yet, anyone have it?

Thoughts?  Looks like its from the same studio that did Storm Over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe, etc. Wasn't a big fan of those titles...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325470/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

I took a look at the page but it looks way too close to Wasteland Interactive's other stuff. Their UIs and general gameplay just aren't all that enthralling, and even though this looks like a cool wrapper, it looks like it's the same old thing.

I own Strategic War in Europe and Storm Over the Pacific, and even tried Fall Weiss. All three are okay, pretty 'meh,' and I'm tired of meh.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM
I took a look at the page but it looks way too close to Wasteland Interactive's other stuff. Their UIs and general gameplay just aren't all that enthralling, and even though this looks like a cool wrapper, it looks like it's the same old thing.

I own Strategic War in Europe and Storm Over the Pacific, and even tried Fall Weiss. All three are okay, pretty 'meh,' and I'm tired of meh.

"Meh" pretty much sums up my experience too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Wolfe1759

As it is Wasteland the announcement of a new game probably means they are again going to abandon unfinished their last game, re-hash the basic engine and release another mod at full price as a "new" game before abandoning and moving on to the next mod.

Yep, I've bought a few versions of their game already, I gave up a couple of releases ago, I should have given up sooner.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Yeah, if it wasn't Wasteland I'd be all over it. As it is, I'll have to take a wait and see approach.

Apocalypse 31

Hoping Slitherine makes a Cold War Panzer Corps

Anguille

Looks like Strategic War in Europe map with a different time line. Not too much interested in that possible time period. Wonder what the effects of nukes will be in the game.

If someone didn't like the previous games, this will be very much the same. I do like the previous games but the subject has to appeal me...wasn't interested too much in Fall Weiss for example.

bayonetbrant

So this one is on sale at LNLP right now
http://store.lnlpublishing.com/digital-games/1953

Just for kicks, I went and looked up some history
Apparently the Warsaw Pact treaty wasn't even signed until 1955
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

steve58

...if you are quick :D, you can grab it for less than $2 for the next ~11 days or so as part of this bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/legions-of-war-bundle/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

"Meh" pretty much sums up my experience too.

"Meh" for me as well.

-budd-

I agree with the "meh's" ..... I did have hopes for "storm over the pacific" but i just play Rising sun for my pacific fix.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

I'm also hoping for a Panzer Corps - Cold War or Battle Academy: Cold War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
I'm also hoping for a Panzer Corps - Cold War or Battle Academy: Cold War.

Oh hell yeah!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd