IRL (In Real Life) > Music, TV, Movies

Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

<< < (126/137) > >>

ArizonaTank:
Watched the movie "Blood Red Sky" on Netflix. Without giving away too much of the plot it's basically "vampires on a plane."

Anyway, fantastic movie...plenty of great plot twists...the "bad guys" are not always obvious, and the movie is not what you would think...

BTW, it is a German movie, with some English actors speaking English, but mostly subtitled.

Gusington:
^Sounds...interesting, thanks.

Sir Slash:
I just finished the 6 part series, "Rise of Empires: Ottomans", about the conquest of Constantinople. It was mildly entertaining but well done, kind of low budget but it had it's moments.

Toonces:
Cracked on a few shows with Mrs. Toonces last weekend.

First up: The Girl in the Window across the Street from the Woman in the House (Netflix).  I did not care for it, although Kristen Bell   :smitten:  .  My wife thought it was hysterical.  Hard to describe, kind of a parody of thriller movies, but not nearly as slapstick as Scream.  It wasn't horrible; Kristen really makes it bearable.  But, meh.  We binged the whole first season in about 2.5-3 hours, so not the hugest time-sink.

We've also started watching The Gilded Age (HBO Max), mostly because my wife used to manage one of those houses in Newport, and she's into that Downton Abbey type stuff.  Again, not horrible (but not boss, either) but if your wife/partner is into those kind of chick shows, this one is tolerable enough to watch and get the goody points rather than something like Sex in the City or Real Housewives.

A recent oldie for me, just started watching Ozark (Netflix).  Got two episodes in, and I'm full in.  I'm like the last person in the world who hasn't seen it, kinda like Breaking Bad.  It's like BB, but it seemed to me a bit (lot) faster to get into the hardcore stuff.  Breaking Bad was kinda funny for a while; Ozark starts out dark and doesn't seem to get lighter so far.  Recommended highly for now.

Edit: Wife just reminded me.  We also watched a show that I'm pretty sure stars the same actor that was in the Mother/Android movie, called Euphoria (HBO Max).  This one kind of disturbed us both, and we only got one episode in before we moved on to lighter fare.  It's very, very dark and not a good-mood show, about young teenagers doing drugs, having sex, getting raped, and be all-around fucks.  And the chicks get naked a lot and are very young and it's altogether kinda uncomfortable to watch, like watching teen pr0n with your spouse.  I've read it gets very good, but so far I'm not sure it's a keeper for us.  With two children right in that demographic, it's maybe too close to real-world to be fun.

Pete Dero:

--- Quote from: Toonces on February 06, 2022, 07:21:01 PM ---First up: The Girl in the Window across the Street from the Woman in the House (Netflix).  I did not care for it, although Kristen Bell   :smitten:  .  My wife thought it was hysterical.  Hard to describe, kind of a parody of thriller movies, but not nearly as slapstick as Scream.  It wasn't horrible; Kristen really makes it bearable.  But, meh.  We binged the whole first season in about 2.5-3 hours, so not the hugest time-sink.

--- End quote ---

I liked it.  Maybe you watched it with the wrong bottles of red wine  ;).

It reminded me of The Flight Attendant (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7569576/).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version