Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

SilverBlades was a great one.

JasonPratt, if I remember correctly, there is one part of the story (where you get the Silver Blades, Shields, and Armor, I think) where you find the stuff and then you should just leave--not keep going deeper to clear it out.  I remember struggling with that too.  I don't remember how to get out, but for a "story on rails" it was surprisingly open-ended.

airboy

Quote from: Con on February 18, 2017, 12:07:55 PM
Finished Witcher 3 Blood and wine expansion today plus all previous dlcs
I did every quest
visited every spot on the maps
dug up every treasure
almost rage quit trying to kill the last boss Detlaff about 50 times
I have 330 hour in on it according to Steam....

Loved every min never has a game had me go through such an emotional rollercoaster me like this I am actually truly sad to think its over

Con
Ps got the happy ending retired living the good life with a saucy sorceress girlfriend with a kink for unicorns shacking up with me at my newly restored wine estate

Wonderful!  Looks like your character will have many "happy endings."  Until the children come.

W8taminute

Lost my first game of Total War Warhammer in 174 turns. 

Lost my second game even quicker.

Working on the third now.  Hoping for a better outcome. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

I just finished my first campaign game of Gargy Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided.

The Western Allies never had their D-Day, as Greece went Allied in mid-1943 and the Russians already had the Germans sufficiently on the ropes that they couldn't keep me from establishing a bridgehead.  Italy fell in Winter 1944 and Germany fell in the Fall of 1944.  Japan went down two turns later, as an Allied offensive up through the South Pacific wore down the Japanese air force until the US carriers could operate with impunity.  (the latter very similar to what happened in WW II for real, although I had no Midway and got started six months later than the Allies)

I'd heard it described as Axis and Allies on steroids, and that pretty much nails it.  A UI that looks a lot like A&A is much more complex.  The game's a bit long in the tooth and the UI isn't super-intuitive, but it was a blast.  I have no idea how I never heard of this game before!

Sir Slash

A great win Sooner! Congrats.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 24, 2017, 10:25:02 AM
I'd heard it described as Axis and Allies on steroids, and that pretty much nails it.  A UI that looks a lot like A&A is much more complex.  The game's a bit long in the tooth and the UI isn't super-intuitive, but it was a blast.  I have no idea how I never heard of this game before!

It's not too bad insofar as UI is considered. I wrote the manual on the original and (I think) I did the one for World Divided also. I remember demoing it out the wazoo at Matrix's booth a LOT back in 2004-2006 or so when I was working their conventions. It's easily one of my more favorite Matrix titles. But the fact that you finished it shows some dedication because some people could get bored with it. I played way, way too much A&A back in the day which is probably why I enjoyed this one so much.

Sir Slash

I finished Pillars of Eternity-- The White March with a win, saving the White March from impending doom from an out-of-control army of giants and allowing the inhabitants to return to their mundane lives of eating Whale Blubber and freezing their asses off in their little wooden shacks. Here's the proof. BTW I also posted a screenie of the final fight over on the 'Screenshots' section. Don't peek if you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Overall a very enjoyable add-on to the base game. Nothing revolutionary, just a new setting, some new enemies and NPC's and some very neat loot. Well worth the sale price I paid for it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 03, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
I finished Pillars of Eternity-- The White March with a win, saving the White March from impending doom from an out-of-control army of giants and allowing the inhabitants to return to their mundane lives of eating Whale Blubber and freezing their asses off in their little wooden shacks. Here's the proof. BTW I also posted a screenie of the final fight over on the 'Screenshots' section. Don't peek if you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Overall a very enjoyable add-on to the base game. Nothing revolutionary, just a new setting, some new enemies and NPC's and some very neat loot. Well worth the sale price I paid for it.

Congrats Sir Slash...!  I couldn't get past the final boss battle in the original game so I never got the White March additions.  Sad because it is such a great RPG.

Sir Slash

Thank you Rayfer. You do know you can change the Difficulty level in game? I will 'manfully' admit to doing this a couple of times against really tough opponents I couldn't get past after 3-4 tries. I'd rather do that than let the game beat me completely. In this fight, I had help to summon against the enemies but completely forgot to do it until after the fight was done.  :uglystupid2:  And you have to do The White March before you finish the base game, so, you could go back to an earlier save and play it from there and get all the neat items that will help you in the final Base-Game fight. Just a thought.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Now go and see if you can beat the thing at the bottom of your keep.  That's the fight that caused me to quit in frustration.

Martok

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 24, 2017, 10:25:02 AM
I just finished my first campaign game of Gargy Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided.

The Western Allies never had their D-Day, as Greece went Allied in mid-1943 and the Russians already had the Germans sufficiently on the ropes that they couldn't keep me from establishing a bridgehead.  Italy fell in Winter 1944 and Germany fell in the Fall of 1944.  Japan went down two turns later, as an Allied offensive up through the South Pacific wore down the Japanese air force until the US carriers could operate with impunity.  (the latter very similar to what happened in WW II for real, although I had no Midway and got started six months later than the Allies)

Damn, FAS.  Now you're making me want to dig out my copy of GG's WAW: AWD (wherever it's currently hiding) and give it another go.  I never have given it the proper playthrough that it deserves. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

I've got two more quests I want to finish-up and that's one of them SDR. He's a Tough Mother.  :pullhair:

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 03, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

Wonderful!
I need to get back to finishing up Pillars of Eternity.

airboy

I finished Order of Battle: Blitzkreig with a "win."

OK - I lost the final scenario twice and on attempt #3 won.  Moscow in the winter is a bitch according to Hitler and Napoleon.

Sir Slash

Way to go Airboy!!! Hurray for the Non-Computer side.  O0