Just completed the scientific victory in Master of Orion with the Terrans

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on April 02, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

The new version?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

Quote from: bbmike on April 02, 2017, 08:29:51 AM
Quote from: Anguille on April 02, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

The new version?
Yes, the new version. ;)

airboy

How does the new version compare to 1 or 2?

Anguille

Quote from: airboy on April 02, 2017, 10:47:19 AM
How does the new version compare to 1 or 2?
I would say it's pretty much Master of Orion 2 with starlanes...and lots of CIV V inspiration.

airboy

I finished Order of Battle: WW2 the US Pacific Campaign.

I sank a third of my fleet trying to sail into Tokyo Bay.  If there is a way to detect minefields other than running your destroyer one hex at a time - I have not found it.

Hofstadter

73-30, Decisive win for me in DCB

SUCK
ME
HITLER
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Sir Slash

Congrats to the both of you. Two tough games to win.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Note that Hof's win also translates into a pure outscore victory, 73-60!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

Just finished the scientific victory with the Psilons in Master of Orion...first victory on hard....the start was difficult but the end was ok. Seems i start to master the game.  <:-)

I was ahead with points and was close to have a diplomatic victory as well (had an alliance with the Alkari and the Elerians).

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 12, 2017, 08:30:23 AM
Congrats to the both of you. Two tough games to win.  O0

+1....well done grogheads!

airboy

Quote from: Anguille on May 07, 2017, 04:49:37 AM
Just finished the scientific victory with the Psilons in Master of Orion...first victory on hard....the start was difficult but the end was ok. Seems i start to master the game.  <:-)

I was ahead with points and was close to have a diplomatic victory as well (had an alliance with the Alkari and the Elerians).

Psilons were the only ones I could win on hard.  Klakons would lose to the Psilons. 

Congrats!

FarAway Sooner

I just finished up a PBEM co-op game with a lifetime friend of mine (well, since 3rd grade anyways), playing Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided.  He was the Western Allies, while I got the Cominterm Pact.  We dusted the Krauts in Spring of 1944 and Japan in Fall of the same year.

We were playing against the AI at "Average", with Advanced Supply turned off.  It was still a fun game, if a learning experience for both of us.  Grigsby's always spent a lot more time getting his game systems right than his User Interfaces!   :o

Still, it was a fun battle.  Germany took too long to go after the Soviet Union, with fruitless diversions in Yugoslavia and North Africa.  What would have been a desperate Soviet blood bath had the hammer fallen in Summer 1941 turned out to be little more than a measured Red Army retreat when he came after me in Spring 1942.  A decisive German defeat in the Siege of Leningrad in the Fall of 1942 was all the Soviets needed to turn the table massively and they really never looked back.

The Allies never even needed a D-Day in Europe, contenting themselves with pecking away at the Mediterranean belly of the Axis beast while the Soviet Juggernaut rolled through Italy and Albania.  We're definitely thinking this will be a good PBEM game against each other, once we figure out how to play with Fog of War turned on and Advance Supply rules in effect!

JasonPratt

^ Honestly jealous.   :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!